Oasis central park balcony stateroom questions - what to do?

I've booked an Oasis neighbourhood guarantee and have been assigned 10581 overlooking central park. We are travelling with two kids (6 & 8) and have been reading mixed reviews about this area. I'm wondering if I should stay where I am or switch it out to a boardwalk balcony. It doesn't appear there are C1 or2 rooms left to stay in central park area, so that is not an option, nor is going to an oceanview balcony because we're Canadian and with the $ so low it'll put me way over budget to upgrade unfortunately.

My concerns are about noise (will there be much?), it's an adjoining room (does this impact space/noise), and excitement (when kids go to bed, we tend to use our balcony and was hoping the people watching element would provide some entertainment!).

We've never sailed Oasis before (only IOS and Explorer), and always oceanview balcony until now. We are soooo excited to try this ship, I just want to make sure the stateroom will meet our needs!

Any insight or feedback is greatly appreciated!

The only part I can asnwer is that the connecting door does not impact any of the space or furniture inside the stateroom. The connecting door is in the short entry hallway, across from the bathroom door.

Edited by clarea

I've booked an Oasis neighbourhood guarantee and have been assigned 10581 overlooking central park. We are travelling with two kids (6 & 8) and have been reading mixed reviews about this area. I'm wondering if I should stay where I am or switch it out to a boardwalk balcony. It doesn't appear there are C1 or2 rooms left to stay in central park area, so that is not an option, nor is going to an oceanview balcony because we're Canadian and with the $ so low it'll put me way over budget to upgrade unfortunately.

My concerns are about noise (will there be much?), it's an adjoining room (does this impact space/noise), and excitement (when kids go to bed, we tend to use our balcony and was hoping the people watching element would provide some entertainment!).

We've never sailed Oasis before (only IOS and Explorer), and always oceanview balcony until now. We are soooo excited to try this ship, I just want to make sure the stateroom will meet our needs!

Any insight or feedback is greatly appreciated!

It all depends how good your hearing is, you do hear more noise from the connecting door . If your hearing is not that good then it should not be a problem.

We've had two central park balconies. With the door closed there is almost no noise from central park. We find it a very nice place to "chill", it's a very pretty view, convenient location on the ship to other areas, etc. We would book another one.

We've had two central park balconies. With the door closed there is almost no noise from central park. We find it a very nice place to "chill", it's a very pretty view, convenient location on the ship to other areas, etc. We would book another one.

I'm glad to hear you liked this room and noiseis limited with the door closed. Do the parades come through central park? Or is it too high up on 10?

The most noise you will hear is during the day coming from the pool deck four decks up. In the early evening they may have a musical act in Central Park outside the Park Cafe area, usually a guitarist or keyboard, not too loud. After that it is usually very quiet in Central Park.

As to seeing into cabins across the way, that can be true at night if the light are on and curtains open. During the day if the scrim curtain is closed it's doubtful if anyone can see in. At night, just make sure the heavy opaque curtain is closed when changing, etc.

Should I be worried? Is it really that close across? Can you really see into a room across the way?

I have not sailed in a Central Park Balcony but have researched them. It is that close and you really can see into a room across the way. We've ruled them out for this reason.

Here is a Youtube video of a Central Park balcony and the last minute of so does show and speak about the balcony view and lack of privacy.

Thanks for sharing the video! Boy that room looks tight! I'm visualizing the 4 of us in there! There doesn't seem to be much storage - not much in the night tables, nor in the desk/dresser. I'm thinking we'll be avoiding the room as much as possible.

I'm now worried I'll miss the ocean.....

Hi I spent two weeks on a B2B on deck 10 in March last year. My cabin was on deck 10 and was a Central Park Cabin 10653 This was an amazing experience. The noise was definitely not a problem nor were the cabins across the other side. This cabin was one of my favorite that I have ever had. If I ever get the chance again to go on Allure or Oasis I will definitely go for a Central Park View Cabin. Don't change and I am confident that you will thoroughly enjoy this experience.

There are several photos of our CP balcony in this post.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48343991&postcount=75

You will have the same issues with privacy with cabins across the way in a Boardwalk balcony as you would in the CP. You just have to remember to close your curtains when changing.

During the day, noise from the music on the pool deck would echo in the "well", but you would only hear it if you were on the balcony. Inside the cabin, with the door closed, was quiet. Night time was quieter on the balcony with occasional soft music from Central Park.

For us, we missed our OV balcony, but if the price was right, we would book one of these again.

Enjoy the cruise. The kids will love this ship.

I did not see the ages of your kids posted, but I would suggest a BW balcony if they are 10-12 or younger. The view outside the CP balconies is serene and quiet and perfect to relax after a busy day. There is much more activity and more to see outside the BW balcony. Your kids might enjoy the lively atmosphere more.

There is much more noise on the boardwalk until about 11-12 p.m., but I have found the disruption minimal with the balcony door closed and locked.

We had a Central Park balcony last May on the Oasis, and have one booked for our upcoming B2B on the Allure

While I can't speak to noise from a connecting cabin, I can speak for noises from Central Park and the Pool deck.

From Central Park: There are no parades. In the evening the Oasis had a duet (Violin and Piano) playing classical music. I am not a fan of classical music but they played in an upbeat style which I enjoyed. Several times we would enjoy their music in Central Park and then retire to our cabin, where I would have a glass of wine on the balcony further enjoying their music. Once we went to bed we would not hear them, even though they were still playing.

From the pool deck, during the day we we would hear noise while on the balcony, but it wasn't excessive.

The cabin is a little tight, space wise. I am not sure how it would compare to a ocean balcony cabin on a Oasis class ship.

Storage was a little tight but we made everything fit. The big negative is where the closet is located. It basically opens into the cabin. Depending on the cabin your bed would be next to it, or as rakes5 picture of his cabin, the bed seemed to located closer to the balcony which is to be would be better.

In regards to the balcony's across from your cabin, we didn't see it as an issue. While we are are on the balcony we were fine. While we were in the cabin, we simply pulled the curtains as needed.

I imagine the boardwalk cabins would be similar. Your kids might like seeing the action on the boardwalk more so than Central Park

Kids are 6 (almost 7) and 9. I don't think we'll be in the room at all during the day except for the usual pre-dinner clean up session. I was more looking forward to the late nights on the balcony once they go to sleep. Maybe we'll enjoy the quieter view of central park over the boardwalk. At least I know there doesn't seem to be too much noise at night as the kids are light sleepers.

Thank you everyone for your input! Ultimately we're all just happy we'll be on a ship!

Your experience may vary, but for my family I personally LOVE Central Park balconies!

We sailed with our two kids in a C1 balcony on Allure when our kids were 8 and 4...we loved it so much we booked Central Park balconies again the year later (2014) on Oasis, but that second time in connecting balconies (more space is nice).

What we especially liked was being able to go out on our balcony once the kids were in bed...we'd have a glass of wine and gather some cheese and crackers from the windjammer. It was lovely! The spring quartet was a nice touch, and what I especially liked was that as we faced inside, we didn't have the strong ocean breezes that you face on ocean balconies at night. It's my favourite spot on any cruise ship!

Noel (also from Ottawa!)

I have not sailed in a Central Park Balcony but have researched them. It is that close and you really can see into a room across the way. We've ruled them out for this reason.

As noted, I have sailed in a Central Park balcony on two occasions. It is true that people can see in your room...just as people can see in your hotel room in any major city. The solution: close the drapes!

For me, the big advantage is that it's less windy overlooking Central Park - especially in the evening.

On several cruises I've taken where I've had an ocean balcony, it gets downright cold out there at night as the ship is speeding to the next port. I just love the Central park balcony ambiance at night...especially if my wife and I can relax out there with a glass of wine after the kids are asleep!