Taxi or tour guide

beshears

We have never been go Grenada. If we didn't take a tour guide, can we get a Taxi to take us to the top of the mountain/s? If so, do you have any idea what the cost might be?

I really like to get "natives" to take me around, as sometimes I see more with then, than with a tour guide.

We have never been go Grenada. If we didn't take a tour guide, can we get a Taxi to take us to the top of the mountain/s? If so, do you have any idea what the cost might be?

I really like to get "natives" to take me around, as sometimes I see more with then, than with a tour guide.

The difference with a taxi outside the terminal and those inside is they aren't always Tourism Authority vetted so you may end with a ride versus a tour and information. Don't get me wrong there are good ones out then the Taxi Association you will find as you disembark the boat and enter the mall (they wear yellow vests over their shirts) are very good, are approved by the Tourism Authority. There is another taxi association just outside the doors and across the street (also very good) :-)

All that said if you really want a great tour with lots of local information from a tour guide then you could also contact Sunsation Tours. They offer you options and you can also build your own tours to see just the stuff you want and have researched :-)

I wish you a fantastic day in Grenada :cool:

Island Star, thanks for your information.

Is there a beach close by that we can walk to in Grenada, or do we need to take a Taxi? Can you give me an idea what the charge for Taxi's might be?

What is a MUST (yes your opinion) to see in Grenada?