Just off the Sky 1/4 - 1/8/16

msweezie

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. Yep we felt the same way about the Breakaway. We were on there last May. IT was ok.

This April, my girlfriends and I are doing the long weekend thing celebrating our birthdays. I thought i'd try it again. We are die hard DCL fans so once I get over that... i'm usually ok.

Ok... My big question that I can't seem to find an answer to ---- We want to rent a Small Cabana on GSC - It comes with free water and Appetizers and a $50.00 credit.

Does it cost money to get food and drinks on GSC or only in the Cabanas? I'm confused since the cruise's beverages are all free? How does that work? Also do they have waiters that come around to the cabana's to take our drink orders

Can anyone help me?

Thanks everyone. Yep we felt the same way about the Breakaway. We were on there last May. IT was ok.

This April, my girlfriends and I are doing the long weekend thing celebrating our birthdays. I thought i'd try it again. We are die hard DCL fans so once I get over that... i'm usually ok.

Ok... My big question that I can't seem to find an answer to ---- We want to rent a Small Cabana on GSC - It comes with free water and Appetizers and a $50.00 credit.

Does it cost money to get food and drinks on GSC or only in the Cabanas? I'm confused since the cruise's beverages are all free? How does that work? Also do they have waiters that come around to the cabana's to take our drink orders

Can anyone help me?

I assume by GSC you mean great stirrup cay... the same "all-inclusive" rules on the ship apply on great stirrup cay. When we took the Sky last month they prepare food on the ship and take it over to the island and serve it as a buffet at a pavillion. It is free. The drinks were also free everywhere on the island, and they have several bars. I didn't know the drinks were free until right as we were about to leave ...I would've had 12 pina coladas the whole day on the beach! I did not notice any waiters walking around anywhere, nor did I see them going back and forth from cabanas, but it could happen? There are bars within a few steps of the cabanas so you could just go get some free drinks and go back lol. The buffet and drinks are basically identical to the food/drinks at the buffet/bars on the ship... same burgers/hotdogs/pizza/salads although they did have ribs but they weren't anything special.

I personally saw no need to rent a cabana and only saw one that was being used... If you want privacy, we kept walking along the shore and found quite a few spots where you can be pretty much be alone on the beach. If you want shade, there's at least 2 or 3 covered picnic table areas, one that is by the lagoon that nobody was using, and I saw a few picnic tables under some trees. I would go check everything out then decide if a cabana is what you want, but don't let me sway you! We really liked great stirrup cay, solid beach day... way better than Nassau at least

Edited by amad01