Beds On Carnival

cruzeluver

Just got back from the Celebration. One of the best things about it was the beds. Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhh........ Comfortable doesn't even begin to describe them. The sheets are unbelievable soft, and the duvet is like sleeping under a giat cotton ball!! :p

I think this should be a huuuuuge seling point for Canival. It is my understanding that all of their ships are updating the bedding. If you haven't sailed yet, prepare to sleep like a baby!!

Celebration 9/2005

Norwegian Sea 10/2004

Sovreign of The Seas 07/1990

I totally agree. When we bought our new matress recently I tried to find out what they use... (couldn't) but we kept comparing all the mattresses we tried to "the one on Caarnival" Have been on 4, the first must have been before the new bedding, but the last 3 were better than any hotel anywhere we have tried. And DH travels and goes to some pricey hotels!

I think this should be a huuuuuge seling point for Canival. It is my understanding that all of their ships are updating the bedding. If you haven't sailed yet, prepare to sleep like a baby!!

I thought Carnival was trying to sell the fact that you have soooo much fun on their Funships that you'll probably pass out in a corridor long before you get to your bed.

Maybe HAL could use it better as a selling point.

Just wanted to chime in and report they do have the new bedding on the Triumph. It was heavenly and I am going to visit that website mentioned above. The comforter was white and I believe they were washed weekly (with white, I'd almost think you would have to). I only wish Princess would have such wonderful beds (Princess' mattresses are like sleeping on marble slabs).

$%#*&^ !!! Cherylandtk... Where was this information 3 months ago when we bought our new matresses! I looked on the Carnival site too.. and searched bedding and everything! AAARGH.

I would definitely have bought from CArnival... and saved a lot of running around testing at home too!

Great job finding that site!

Hi all... I have to agree that the beds and bedding on the Victory was terrific. I am a Princess fan, but Carnival won this hands down! I was very, very surprised that I even wanted to use the down comforter at night, since I only use mine at home in the winter. We were in the Caribbean, and I was sleeping with a down comforter! :) Anyway, my cabin-mate and I just turned the AC on a cool setting and that's how we enjoyed the luxury of snuggling under our comforters when it was hot and humid outside.

The mattresses were an improvement over Princess also. I had dreaded the beds (I swear by my Select Comfort Sleep Number bed at home), but found the Victory's bed to be quite comfortable.

I looked in on the website pages that had the Carnival beds and bedding for sale. I cannot remember at this time what the cost was, but I believe the mattress (full size for me) was only slightly less than what I paid for my Select Comfort bed 3 years ago (and I got the cheapest model I could). My memory could be fading, though..... I'm glad I have my adjustable bed, and want to put the "bug" into anyone else's ears that may be contemplating a mattress change..... :)

Those duvet covers were nice too, but I found that I was so hesitant to even sit on the bed. I didn't want to dirty it up with my luggage when I was unpacking, etc... I know it isn't fun at all to stuff a comforter into a duvet.... picture the marshmallow going into the piggy bank's coin slot, and that's how much fun I have doing that little chore!

I guess to enjoy that bed again, I'll just have to take another Carnival cruise, huh?

Hi all... I know it isn't fun at all to stuff a comforter into a duvet.... picture the marshmallow going into the piggy bank's coin slot, and that's how much fun I have doing that little chore!

I guess to enjoy that bed again, I'll just have to take another Carnival cruise, huh?

Hi Cruisinforever,

I don't know if you do it this way or not, but here goes. I turn my duvet cover inside out and lay it on top of the duvet. I then reach inside the cover and grab the top of the cover and the duvet and turn the whole thing right side out. A friend from Europe showed me how to do it this way when she caught me struggling to put that marshmallow into the piggy bank. :D It really makes it so easy. Try it first on a small pillow and you will see what I mean.

I'll have to try a Carnival cruise soon! Anyone know what they have on NCL Spirit? That one is this month.

IrisF

Anyone know if the MIRACLE has the new bedding? On our Pride cruise, we asked the cabin steward for a foam pad on top of the mattress, which made it super comfy. Maybe this time we won't need that extra pad. :D

Yep.. the miracle was one of the first ships to get this bedding. It is very comfortable.

I understand the Miracle has the new bedding, we booked a Cat 11. My question is when you put the beds together do you still feel like you are going to fall throught the middle or have they finally figured out a way to make it feel like you are in a quuen size bed?

Does the Conquest have the new bedding? Sailing on 11/27/05. I have sailed on the Conquest three times previous and the bedding was not that great. I had to ask for an egg crate for the bed.

I saw in a new review that the Conquest does indeed have the new bedding. I am looking forward to trying it out. :D

The Glory has it and it was great. The pillows are the best I have ever seen and I am picky. I went to the Purser's office to see if I could buy them and they said no. :mad:

It seems that Carnival needs to let the folks on the ship know they are available. I never saw the ad on the in-ship tv on Glory though. I know of another cruiser who cut the tag off of a pillow trying to find out who made them!

Thanks very much for the link!

Archived