Best Way To Contact While On Board?

Relax Cruiser

And then some will want to take them into foreign ports where it is often illegal to use US designed walkie talkies. Fines and/or jail can result if caught using them.

I was unaware that it was illegal in some foreign ports. Nor would I have ever thought of it??? I will say now that "Maybe a 2 way radio is not the best way to communicate":eek:

Princess says it is:

"Princess@Sea is currently available on Caribbean Princess, Coral Princess, Crown Princess, Dawn Princess, Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess, Golden Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess, Regal Princess, Royal Princess, Ruby Princess, Sapphire Princess, Sea Princess, Star Princess & Sun Princess. Pacific Princess is scheduled to launch Princess@Sea in December 2015. Princess@Sea Messenger is currently available on all ships where Princess@Sea is available.

Not if you have a Windows, or Blackberry device. >_<

Princess says it is:

"Princess@Sea is currently available on Caribbean Princess, Coral Princess, Crown Princess, Dawn Princess, Diamond Princess, Emerald Princess, Golden Princess, Grand Princess, Island Princess, Regal Princess, Royal Princess, Ruby Princess, Sapphire Princess, Sea Princess, Star Princess & Sun Princess. Pacific Princess is scheduled to launch Princess@Sea in December 2015. Princess@Sea Messenger is currently available on all ships where Princess@Sea is available."

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/activities/princess-at-sea/

NOT if you have a Windows, or a Blackberry device! >_<

NOT if you have a Windows, or a Blackberry device! >_<

I guess both users are heartbroken...

But seriously, worked fine for me on a windows laptop, and a windows phone.

All you need is a browser.

Edited by pablo222

I believe the easiest way to communicate would be to buy a set of two way radios. For two of them a good set (length of range) you can get for around $70-90. This may seem high however if you travel a lot and adventure off without each other a lot they could come in handy, and it also is only a "one time buy".

All the FRS and GMRS hand held radios (aka walkie talkie) are limited to 1/2 watt or 500 mw output power into a short antenna. The expensive ones have no more range than the cheaper ones. The radios are limited to 23 distinct channels and each channel can only carry one transmission at a time. Private channels are a salesman's joke as they do not exist per the FCC. Ships are made of steel meaning the walls, floors etc which impedes radio waves. Finally they are illegal to use in most countries outside the USA and Canada. If they decide to enforce their laws, you can be fined for using them and have them confiscated. The Caribbean islands are foreign countries or part of some foreign country. Use them off the ship AYOR.

Windows Phone 10? My new Lumia 650 is a Gem! Thanks for the heads up! 😎

I tried it with a lumia 640 -- $29 on black friday.

All the app on android does is redirect you to the browser,

but it lets princess say "WE HAVE AN APP, TOO".

I look at my wife and tell her where I probably be and when I will definitely be back at the cabin. Low tech but it always works.

DON

Ditto here. Normally our phones sit in the safe. I was just curious after having just purchased this awesome phone! ✈