How to watch a movie off my USB or laptop on the TV?

martini_guy

On my last cruise I tried a few different things and the USB seemed disabled. Has anyone been able to connect their phone/tablet/laptop to show something that they've downloaded?

Would be nice to have some movies on standby.

Did you try an HDMI cable. I know the kindle can connect via an HDMI, and most laptops have an HDMI out too. I assume the cabin LCD has an HDMI connection, but maybe not.

most ships use a view sonic model, not too far from this one

http://www.viewsonic.com/us/commercial-displays/commercial-tvs/vt2406-l.html

I'd bring a universal remote and start with that since their remote won't let you change the input device. I'm also pretty sure that the signal coming in from the coax cable needs to get cut off, so you may want to bring pliers in case it's screwed on really tight. Last resort might be to jam a paper clip into the factory reset switch, assuming the model has one.

I'd start by downloading a couple PDF manuals to your tablet from the view sonic support site. Even if you don't have the exact same model, it won't be so far off you can't figure out the options.

If I went that far, I'd probably bring some extra tools so I could move it from above the desk/vanity, if you have that sort of room.

I'd be half tempted to ask customer service if they have larger screen TVs that can be delivered because you have vision problems. I doubt they do but would be interested in hearing their response.