Stroller for a 4 year old 5 night Wonder

madiaka

Did anyone feel that they needed a stroller for their 4 year old? He will be almost 5 and is too big for an umbrella stroller. I have a baby jogger city mini.

Ports are Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay. We do still take it when going to Orlando because we walk so much, but I'm really not sure about the Disney cruise.

You won't need a stroller on the Wonder for a 4 year old unless the child has medical needs.

On Castaway Cay there are wagons available as well as the trams. If you decide that you want a stroller on an excursion, there are loaners available at Guest Services. I've been to Grand Cayman many times and can't see why you would want one there...and if you do, you'll have to tender with it. Don't know what you plan to do in Grand Cayman, but most transportation will meet you within a block of the tender terminal and none of our excursions had much walking.

The ship is totally different than the theme parks. Yes, I can see a 5 or 6 year old needing a stroller in the parks, but definitely not on the ship.

Edited by moki'smommy

Okay. Thanks. I was hoping to leave it at home. Grand Cayman will probably be a beach day and I was reading that we can take the bus. I've been there 3 times before without him and don't need to see much. Just relax. Maybe the turtle farm if we do an excursion privately.

Okay. Thanks. I was hoping to leave it at home. Grand Cayman will probably be a beach day and I was reading that we can take the bus. I've been there 3 times before without him and don't need to see much. Just relax. Maybe the turtle farm if we do an excursion privately.

You can take the local bus or get a taxi to one of the main beaches (7 Mile, Sea Grape, etc). Turtle farm can be booked thru Boatswain's or as part of an Island Tour thru many operators. In our case, thru Captain Marvin's the tour including turtle farm was the same price as turtle farm alone. A kid might be bored with some parts of the tour, but our guide caught a chicken and an iguana for the kids to see. In addition, we had the choice of being dropped off at one of the beaches or at the tender terminal--by choosing the beach, you can save one way transportation if you would choose to spend the rest of the day at the beach. You'd just need to pay for transportation back to the tender terminal, either by bus or taxi.

I'm thinking of the bus. I would need to use the car seat for a taxi. Thanks for the advice. I'll check the ports of call board for more recommendations. For me, half of the fun is researching and planning.

Just good to know that I can leave the stroller.

I'm thinking of the bus. I would need to use the car seat for a taxi. Thanks for the advice. I'll check the ports of call board for more recommendations. For me, half of the fun is researching and planning.

Just good to know that I can leave the stroller.

I wouldn't count on needing a car seat for the taxi. Unlike the US, car seats are not mandatory in foreign ports. Indeed, some taxis may not even have seat belts.