Diamond Princess shuttle to Syndey Domestic Airport

Hi, was just wondering has anyone used the princess shuttle from the ship (Overseas Passenger Terminal at Syndey Cove) to the domestic terminal in Sydney. Any ideas how much per person, is it too early (as in one of the first groups to disembark) and would it be cheaper to arrange yourself? I was thinking about a private shuttle or a taxi, there are two of us. The plane doesn't leave til 12.30pm and we don't really want to rush breakfast. Thanks.

There will be several buses, not just one. Your disembarkation time is roughly determined by your flight time. The last people off the ship are those who live locally. If everything goes smoothly, everyone is off the ship by 10.15-10.30. The price for two works out similar to a taxi fare (or a bit less than a taxi). After you disembark the ship you go through Immigration, you pick up your luggage and go through Customs. Then head to the buses where obviously your main luggage is stowed in the luggage bays in the bus. When a bus is full, it will leave.:) It is easy and painless.

Last month on the Diamond I believe the price quoted was $29 AUD for the airport transfer after the cruise. Don't remember the timing, however.

Wow has the price gone up that much? We used the shuttle in April from White Bay & it was $19 each, very reasonable i thought.

Wow has the price gone up that much? We used the shuttle in April from White Bay & it was $19 each, very reasonable i thought.

At $19 it was great. $38 for two when a taxi will cost at least $55 and maybe $60. I haven't paid $29, but I have heard that that was the case. :)

There are normally a couple of " independent" shuttle bus operators outside the OPT that charge $15 pp. to take you to the airport. They usually have pre arranged bookings to pick up but have extra seats available for " walk ups and operate till around 9:30 or so.. The name of the company is Airport Connect 0402529279 if you want to prebook.

Edited by gbenjo

There are normally a couple of " independent" shuttle bus operators outside the OPT that charge $15 pp. to take you to the airport. They usually have pre arranged bookings to pick up but have extra seats available for " walk ups and operate till around 9:30 or so.. The name of the company is Airport Connect 0402529279 if you want to prebook.

That's good information and an excellent price. :)

• 1 month later...

We paid $15 each for a Princess Transfer from the White Bay Cruise Terminal to Central Station at the end of January. The taxi from Central to the Terminal at the start of the cruise was about $28. The bus was far more convenient than waiting in the queue for a taxi.