Nagasaki and Pusan advice

downundermatt

Am taking my first Royal Cruise next month, and my first Cruise in Asia.

I am the only person on the Roll Call which confirms the ship will be full of Asian (mainly Chinese) cruisers, many I understand will be there for the shopping and gambling.

So I would appreciate any tips on the two ports Pusan and Nagasaki.:confused:

Thanks for any help - Cheers:D

Hi. Some ideas for Nagasaki:

Atomic Bomb Museum and the Nagasaki Peace Park. Amazing. We took local transit from the port to this area and walked to it. Get a map - in the terminal where you can also ask for help/directions.

Glover Garden - slightly uphill but walking distance from the ship. Nice gardens, good view of the ship, eat some food (like Castella cake - popular in Nagasaki), drink beer on the way down. Lots of shops about.

As for Busan, I took the ship's (Princess Cruises) shuttle into downtown and strolled about, saw the fish market, had a drink in a cat cafe', and went shopping. My husband took a ship's excursion further afield to a temple.

Cheers.

With a lot of Chinese passengers on board, you probably will have less people using the public transits because most of them would be in tour groups using their own buses. Be prepare for a different kind of experience on board.

Our days in Nagasaki and Busan.

Thanks for the links to your experiences in Nagasaki and Busan. Some helpful information in there!

If you go back to the main Ports of Call board for Asia (where you posted this) look for the search feature to the right of the blue bar at the top of the page. There are previous posts about Nagasaki and Pusan (also spelled Busan.)