No Crown for 2017?

RetiredNTraveling

Just returned from a great cruise on board the Royal; spoke to future cruise sales manager who informed me there will be a 28 day R/T LA to Tahiti in 2017 in October on either the Emerald or the Ruby and it will be announced in May. He also said there would be two R/T's in 2018, one in the Fall and one in the Spring. He was reading the information directly from his computer and not off the cuff. :D

Fantastic news! Thank you so very much! Better start saving my pennies!

Just returned from a great cruise on board the Royal; spoke to future cruise sales manager who informed me there will be a 28 day R/T LA to Tahiti in 2017 in October on either the Emerald or the Ruby and it will be announced in May. He also said there would be two R/T's in 2018, one in the Fall and one in the Spring. He was reading the information directly from his computer and not off the cuff. :D

Thanks for the great news

That is very good news. Would both of the cruises cover the same itinerary? From those of you have cruised more that me, which might be the better time?

Just Mike

I've been lurking for a while since my husband and I want to do this cruise in 2018. Having two dates to choose from would be a real luxury! I have the same question, however. Are there pros and cons for fall versus spring?

Thanks to all of you for your fabulous detective work!

I've been lurking for a while since my husband and I want to do this cruise in 2018. Having two dates to choose from would be a real luxury! I have the same question, however. Are there pros and cons for fall versus spring?

Thanks to all of you for your fabulous detective work!

We have not been in the spring, but we have been that way in the summer and autumn. Both were wonderful

SWEET for everyone! Seems like they're following HAL w Spring/Fall cruises. Which makes sense, Carnival sees how well the cruises sell (for both lines) and just doubled their earning potential!

Now if Princess would only have the Spring cruise so that a portion of the cruise starts in March so Karen can use her carry over PTO (can carry 5 days but must be used by the end of Q1), she'd have PLENTY of time to burn. If not, we'll be only sailing after 2020 via Princess for the South Pacific/Hawaii.

This news is making 4 people who what to do this cruise and our travel agent very happy.

Thanks. Glad to hear this. Now, I have to decide when I want to go. ;) Princess used to always do a spring and fall RT, but they seem to have been testing other ideas. I'm glad they're going back to the two RT's. I think they underestimate the attractiveness of sailing in and out of a US port.

Thanks. Glad to hear this. Now, I have to decide when I want to go. ;) Princess used to always do a spring and fall RT, but they seem to have been testing other ideas. I'm glad they're going back to the two RT's. I think they underestimate the attractiveness of sailing in and out of a US port.

I wish they would offer more extended cruises to and from US ports. Over the years we have taken b2b trans atlantics, b2b to the Amazon from FLL and around South America from FLL to SF. All were wonderful and required only domestic flights.

Looking at various port schedules, the Emerald lines up on 10/8 in LA, 10/13 in Hilo, 10/27 in Papeete and on 11/5 back in LA.

So this looks like the most logical 2017 Fall schedule so far. Although Maui and Kauai may be reversed.

10/8/2017 Sunday Los Angeles

10/9/2017 Monday At Sea

10/10/2017 Tuesday At Sea

10/11/2017 Wednesday At Sea

10/12/2017 Thursday At Sea

10/13/2017 Friday Hilo

10/14/2017 Saturday Honolulu

10/15/2017 Sunday Maui

10/16/2017 Monday Kauai

10/17/2017 Tuesday At Sea

10/18/2017 Wednesday At Sea

10/19/2017 Thursday At Sea

10/20/2017 Friday At Sea

10/21/2017 Saturday Pago Pago

10/22/2017 Sunday At Sea

10/23/2017 Monday Apia

10/24/2017 Tuesday At Sea

10/25/2017 Wednesday Bora Bora

10/26/2017 Thursday Moorea/Papeete

10/27/2017 Friday Papeete

10/28/2017 Saturday At Sea

10/29/2017 Sunday At Sea

10/30/2017 Monday At Sea

10/31/2017 Tuesday At Sea

11/1/2017 Wednesday At Sea

11/2/2017 Thursday At Sea

11/3/2017 Friday At Sea

11/4/2017 Saturday At Sea

11/5/2017 Sunday Los Angeles

• 2 weeks later...
The evidence just keeps getting better and better that the cruise we all want will happen.

Now if Princess would quit teasing us and release the schedule! :D

More folks have died from anticipation than fish died by Mrs. Paul!

I got a Princess announcement this AM saying that they had opened up a bunch of new cruises. I eagerly looked for Oct 2017 and LA Harbor -- NOTHING!

Oh, well!!

Sandra:(:confused::eek:

I got a Princess announcement this AM saying that they had opened up a bunch of new cruises. I eagerly looked for Oct 2017 and LA Harbor -- NOTHING!

Oh, well!!

Sandra:(:confused::eek:

It was an email about the NZ and AUS cruises that opened a couple of weeks ago. Not sure why they are late with their emails...

March 2018... that would be PERFECT for our work vacation restrictions (well, Karen's and not mine as I have approx 40 days of total PTO for any year)!!

Okay, now to 'sell' the idea of re-doing what we did in '12. Whacha all think?

I am going to lean on the idea that we just did a B2B (hitting Cozumel & Costa Maya twice) on the Caribbean Princess and be hitting Cozumel (for a 3rd time this year!) both Roatan & Belize for a second time this year.

Think that's a good 'angle'?

March 2018... that would be PERFECT for our work vacation restrictions (well, Karen's and not mine as I have approx 40 days of total PTO for any year)!!

Okay, now to 'sell' the idea of re-doing what we did in '12. Whacha all think?

I am going to lean on the idea that we just did a B2B (hitting Cozumel & Costa Maya twice) on the Caribbean Princess and be hitting Cozumel (for a 3rd time this year!) both Roatan & Belize for a second time this year.

Think that's a good 'angle'?

We did this last October, and will do it again this October. Got wife signed on for next year. For us it will have to be in October, 2017. We are hoping to do a half of the world cruise in 2018.

It is a matter of how you feel about sea days and how you feel about flying. DW and I would much prefer 8 days aboard a Princess ship eating good food and being entertained to 18+ hours in an airplane eating stale pretzels and having some kid kicking the back of our seats.

For our tastes, we prefer the round trip itinerary.

Or an adult who has had way too much to drink and keeps kicking the back of your seat?:mad: