It's All Included Package Question

pete_coach

• 3 weeks later...

We just returned yesterday from the Silhouette. Flying direct from London on Canadian North was great. Very simple - all we needed was our passport (we printed out our own luggage tags).

There were a few delays on our return, and a bit of confusion regarding buses after debarkation, but overall, nothing to worry about.

I'd definitely do it again.

As I started this thread, I guess I should add my final comments. I posted this on another thread but here is our experience with the package.

From http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49169199#post49169199 Post #22;

"We (3 couples) were just on the Feb 6 Superbowl cruise. We did the all inclusive from Ottawa.

The experience was great. Arrival at the airport and on to the Canadian North counter to get our seats and check in ur bags. The flight was very good,leg room was more than on other charters I have been on. Free booze if you want and they even serve a meal. In Ottawa we go through US customs in Ottawa so we avoided customs in Mami.

We left on time and got to Miami on time. Thee were Celebrity folks there to guide us to the carousel to pick up our luggage and to show us to the buses.The shuttle bus service takes you right to the port. Once at the port, you just go through the check in process. I am surprised how many people did not do the online check in. It really slows down the line and people start to get testy. Please check in online.

The cruise was great and you can read reviews elsewhere.

On the way back, we got special luggage tags delivered to our cabin. We waited for our embarkation times and went to get our bags and flew through US customs and on to the bus for the ride to the airport. Again, lined up to check in our luggage and get our seats assigned.

One thing, if you want duty free stuff, or some last minute shopping, you need to get it before you go through security. The Canadian North flight gate is in the oldest part of the airport and there are very limited shops and eateries (only 2 places to get food).

We departed on time and arrived home on time.

All in all, it was a very good way to go.

I disagree that we could have gotten an better deal a la carte, the air, cruise, drink package, OBC and gratuities and taxes and fees and transport worked out to quite a bit cheaper than if I made all the arrangements separately. I priced them and it would have cost more (from Ottawa, I cannot say form other localities).

The only downsides were that we had to go down when the flight left and had to come back on the designated flight, if we wanted to stay in Miami any longer (which really crossed our mind as it was minus 25 in Ottawa when we arrived LOL), there is no opportunity to make those changes. That and there is no opportunity to pre-select seats, first come first served so, if you are last in line, you get whatever seats re left (middle seats for sure LOL).

It was a good deal and we will do it again. "

Darn, remind me never to use "old timers" as my references :)

Are you on the Reflection out of Miami?

I am a huge football fan (and coach) and the Superbowl while onboard is a treat. The wives can do the spa and pool thing and we can watch the game and take part in the tailgate party.

Seriously????!!! The wives can do the pool and spa thing???? I know you've got to be tongue-in-cheek. Some wives (*ahem*) are as football crazy as the men. As a matter of fact, of my football crazy friends, more are women.

Sorry, just looking on an old thread that popped up and I just couldn't let that one pass! <--- pun intended.

I'm glad you had a great trip and that it all worked out. We're very independent travelers and I hate waiting on buses of people to load and unload for anything so not sure if it was even offered that we'd do a charter. But I know it has its fans. So...the entire plane is just people going on your cruise? Kind of like when we used to take charter flights out to Colorado to snow ski. Fun atmosphere on the plane if that's the case, I remember that!

Edited by ClaudiaB

Seriously????!!! The wives can do the pool and spa thing???? I know you've got to be tongue-in-cheek. Some wives (*ahem*) are as football crazy as the men. As a matter of fact, of my football crazy friends, more are women.

Sorry, just looking on an old thread that popped up and I just couldn't let that one pass! <--- pun intended.

I'm glad you had a great trip and that it all worked out. We're very independent travelers and I hate waiting on buses of people to load and unload for anything so not sure if it was even offered that we'd do a charter. But I know it has its fans. So...the entire plane is just people going on your cruise? Kind of like when we used to take charter flights out to Colorado to snow ski. Fun atmosphere on the plane if that's the case, I remember that!

Not seriously, our Wives re big football fans too so they were with us the entire game. We had a great time :)

The flight is all Celebrity cruisers. There are Canadian North charter aircraft arriving from the different cities on the same day and they arrange it so the buses do nothing but shuttle folks form the airport to the post all day long. We left at 09:30 and were the last flight to arrive at 1PM. We were delayed at Miami airport by some ladies that imbibed a wee bit too much on the flight and had trouble finding the carousel and the bus so we actually got to the ship too late to attend Muster Drill.

I agree, buses are a toil but, it is part of the package. The ride from the airport to the port is only 15 minutes so it is not too bad.

We flew with Nolinor - what a disaster - started charging people for drinks. When brought to their attention that drinks were included, gave everyone one complimentary drink. On the way home, one gentleman complained he couldn't sit with his wife, so they announced "open seating". Terrible service.

We flew with Nolinor - what a disaster - started charging people for drinks. When brought to their attention that drinks were included, gave everyone one complimentary drink. On the way home, one gentleman complained he couldn't sit with his wife, so they announced "open seating". Terrible service.

Were you on the Celebrity "Its All Included" package through Celebrity or did you buy from a travel agent?

Perhaps if flying out of Quebec you have to fly a Quebec based airline? (to appease the Government there?)

Anyway, we got free drinks and a pretty good meal but your seats were assigned at the airport. Was quite impressed with Canadian North aircraft and their service.

Juust curious, for those who flew to West Palm and were bussed to FLL, how did that work out...timewise, traffic wise, etc!

It worked out just fine for us last week. From what I recall, our flight landed about 11am, we were on the way to FLL after customs in about 45 minutes, and the drive was probably a bit less than an hour - no traffic in either direction. The bus did wait for about 20 minutes on arrival at the port - not sure what for, but once they let us get off the bus, we were on board in about 20 minutes.

After debarkation, there was a bit of confusion about where to wait for the buses (they had signs for Hamilton but none for London), and they had more people than seats on the first bus and some luggage went on our bus with the passengers having to take a different bus, but it all worked out. Our flight was delayed about 2.5 hours, but we still made it home at a decent time.

All in all, it was an easy, stress-free way to travel.

Were you on the Celebrity "Its All Included" package through Celebrity or did you buy from a travel agent?

Perhaps if flying out of Quebec you have to fly a Quebec based airline? (to appease the Government there?)

Anyway, we got free drinks and a pretty good meal but your seats were assigned at the airport. Was quite impressed with Canadian North aircraft and their service.

Yes, we were with the all included package. Last year we were told it was Canada North - Nolinor got the contract to do Halifax/Moncton. They totally dropped the ball. Unorganized, didn't know what they were doing. And the poor lady who was charged for her drink, wasn't even reimbursed. Needless to say there were plenty of complaints to Celebrity.

We flew from Quebec City last year and again this year with Canadian North and had excellent service both times and I don't understand what this Government thing is doing here ???

We flew from Quebec City last year and again this year with Canadian North and had excellent service both times and I don't understand what this Government thing is doing here ???

I am not sure if you are asking a question or making a statement? Mine was a question, I do not live in Quebec.

• 2 weeks later...
We are leaving on Jan 31 out of the Hamilton ontario airport. We received our flight times last week. The flight is direct but to Palm Beach Airport not Ft Lauderdale. Transportation will be provided by Celebrity to the port

This is our first time using this all in package (not first time X). I've heard good things from others about the experience in previous years. Hoping for the same outcome

Hello I am leaving in 2 Sundays from Hamilton as well 7am flight. How early would you recommend I be at the airport? We're your flights on time? How was your overall experience on the silhouette? Thank you in advance for your help.

Hello I am leaving in 2 Sundays from Hamilton as well 7am flight. How early would you recommend I be at the airport? We're your flights on time? How was your overall experience on the silhouette? Thank you in advance for your help.

We have done this package twice from Hamilton. We are going again in April on the Silhouette. I would get to the airport at 545. There will be people ahead of you but not that many. The tickets are first come first served. I have been checking the departure times from the airport and they all seem to be going out close to departure time.

BrendaJ great info thanks. This will be our third Celebrity Package. The first into West Palm Beach. We will be flying out of Hamilton. Is there a duty free shop at the airport in West Palm.

I'm sorry, I don't remember if there was or not, as we purchased our liquor on the ship.

BrendaJ great info thanks. This will be our third Celebrity Package. The first into West Palm Beach. We will be flying out of Hamilton. Is there a duty free shop at the airport in West Palm.

We just got back. No, there is no duty free at West Palm Beach. If you buy from ship be sure to put it in your checked luggage as you can not bring liquids through security at the airport.

We flew out of Hamilton for the past 2 years on the Book 'n Go with Celebrity. We got to the airport at least an early just so we could get the seats we wanted.

We opted not to do the Book 'n Go this year just because the price jumped significantly from the past 2 years. We opted to book cruise with 2 perks and flights separately with Celebrity and saved money as well as doing different ports. I would however recommend the Book 'n go option for folks. It was a great option but buyer beware...shop around you just might find it cheaper booking it separately.

Enjoy!!

We have done this package twice from Hamilton. We are going again in April on the Silhouette. I would get to the airport at 545. There will be people ahead of you but not that many. The tickets are first come first served. I have been checking the departure times from the airport and they all seem to be going out close to departure time.

What a bonus to fly out of Hamilton! And I hear we get a meal and drinks...pretty much unheard of anymore for a 3 hrs flight. Would you say you were satisfied with the drink selection package?

I'm sorry, I don't remember if there was or not, as we purchased our liquor on the ship.

Hello Brenda. I'm almost certain I read a post that commented there wasn't a duty free at the airport. We are also leaving Easter Sunday from Hamilton. A bunch of us are meeting at the Sunset bar after the lifeboat drill! The more the merrier 😆 This is only our second cruise. I'm soaking in all the info I can get...maybe we'll meet on the plane 😊

What a bonus to fly out of Hamilton! And I hear we get a meal and drinks...pretty much unheard of anymore for a 3 hrs flight. Would you say you were satisfied with the drink selection package?

You are right it is a bonus to fly out of Hamilton. We are only 10 min from the airport and I can hear the Celebrity flights go out on Saturday and Sunday. I just wish everyone a great flight and cruise. Soon it will be our turn. Lol yes they give you breakfast going and lunch coming back plus drinks. You are going to be more than pleased with your adventure. The drink package on the ship is great. We were pleased with it. Have a great cruise.