$15 Laundry Bag Can I get 2

vcop

It has been my experience that items sent to the laundry are washed in industrial washers in hot water. Others will say you can mark on the tag "cold water only". Hubby has done the Behind the Fun Tour on three different ships. He says the items are placed into a mesh bag and in they go with other mesh bags. I don't send any "nice" clothing. If it isn't something I would dry at home it doesn't go.

My clothes came back noticeably faded. So now I always bring my own laundry detergent and quarters and wash my own. The few minutes it takes me is no big deal and I can wash a whole lot more.

And yes, those bags are small. Plan to roll up everything as tightly as possible to get as much as possible in the bag. It will hold (?) maybe a half a load if you don't send big items like jeans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never used this service, but considering it ... $15 sounds reasonable, I'm thinking of using it just to wash my Under Armour workout gear and some boxer briefs cause I'll be on an 8 day cruise, so I can bring less workout gear ...

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE? Same Day? Next Day?

WHO do I give the bag to?

Thanks!

Jeff aka Recovery Dude:)

in our experience its been delivered the next day. Leave the packed bags on the bed in the morning with the slip. Your steward will take it when he/she does your morning service. if you elect to not have morning service, you can call your steward and let them know you have laundry to send off.

Last family cruise (jan 2015 on Dream), I was able to get 6 people's dirty clothes into 2 bags. This included jeans and slacks. They brought back 8 bags of folded clothes. Well worth it for me to not have to wash a crap load of laundry when I get home

Edited by DobberDog

Yes you can get more than one, and it is 15 dollars per bag, but those bags are paper and do not hold very much. I used that service once only, and did not like the smell of my clothes when they came back, nor the look of them. The items were all light colored, white, beige, but came back looking quite dull. It might have been a one time thing, but I have never considered using this 15.00 option again. If, I ever get to platinum, I might consider it for free though, but if they smell and look like that again, I would not use it again.

As for the self serve laundry rooms, I also only used this once on the Freedom in 2014, and everything from the machines, to laundry detergent was purchased with your sail and sign card. I don't have a problem with this really, but the machines took forever, and I spent a whole afternoon, working on one wash and dry, swore never to waste my vacation time like this again.

To each their own of course, and both options seem to work for most, but not for me.

Edited by SMSACE6