2017 cruisers that need to drop

RNsoon2beNP

Hey everyone .... just an update Ive hit the 30lb mark. #175! Ive been at a stand still the last few weeks, but no gain, so thats a win...

How is everyone else doing?

That's great! Stand stills are a given I think. The scale will move again! :)

• 2 months later...

Way to go every one! Its been a while so times for updates!!!

My stats:

#104 days until graduation

#164 days until Im on the VISTA

And wait for it.....

Im officially down 40lbs!

I hit 165 yesterday!

Im been sticking to my calorie counting (for the most part) around 1200 cal a day, increased the protein, and just making better food choices in general.

Not working out much, but I dont sleep much either. . Lol

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes: New to CC, but reserved a May 28 cruise on Oasis to celebrate my 60th birthday in June. Want to lose 50 lbs by then. Just weighed in at 188.6 at 5'7". Actually want to do the zip line on the ship and don't want all my "layers" flabbing out the sides of the harness. Whatever motivates you, right?

Thanks for this board, have received inspiration from y'all!

I have a cruise scheduled for Feb 2017 and want to lose 40 lbs. I started weight watchers last week so my first week weigh in is Wed. If I lose 2 lbs every week I will have lost 36 by my cruise date. I'm hoping by going on here with all of you it will give me the extra push to stay with the program. Here's to success!!:)

• 4 weeks later...
I have a cruise scheduled for Feb 2017 and want to lose 40 lbs. I started weight watchers last week so my first week weigh in is Wed. If I lose 2 lbs every week I will have lost 36 by my cruise date. I'm hoping by going on here with all of you it will give me the extra push to stay with the program. Here's to success!!:)

I have one scheduled for Feb 2017 too, to the Mexican Riviera. I started WW yesterday, and I would like to lose 15. I will have to average 1 lb a week to achieve this, and that will be hard as I lose slowly now that I am post-menopause. Here's to us!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Can I say I desperately need to lose without giving numbers? ;) I really want to be able to enjoy the ship & shore food without worrying about breaking my scooter.

After 40+ years of dieting, my metabolism is at a slow crawl and the only method that has ever worked at all was just cutting calories. I can gain weight on 1000 cal/day, no kidding. (And that is an honest count, I even include the calories from Tums and gummy vitamins.)

So I'm back to just gritting my teeth and Doing It. I have cucumbers, cauliflower, and mushrooms in the fridge, so when I've eaten my allowed amount and am still hungry, I can nosh on fresh veggies. I've been good today, another 6 months and I may have lost some weight.

Moving forward is key, i know weight is a daily battle, otherwise there wouldnt be a need for this broad. But one day at a time, because good only knows each day is a battle. But staying optimistic is key!

My life is insane, between grad school full-time, work full-time time, and 3 teens. My diet has been slipping and no time for the gym, I gained 3lbs back. But I am back to pushing myself to make better choices, I will weigh myself Monday and see how the week has treated me.

Good luck everyone!

Can I say I desperately need to lose without giving numbers? ;) I really want to be able to enjoy the ship & shore food without worrying about breaking my scooter.

After 40+ years of dieting, my metabolism is at a slow crawl and the only method that has ever worked at all was just cutting calories. I can gain weight on 1000 cal/day, no kidding. (And that is an honest count, I even include the calories from Tums and gummy vitamins.)

So I'm back to just gritting my teeth and Doing It. I have cucumbers, cauliflower, and mushrooms in the fridge, so when I've eaten my allowed amount and am still hungry, I can nosh on fresh veggies. I've been good today, another 6 months and I may have lost some weight.

I feel your pain and frustration! The only thing that works for a steady weight loss for me is 1300 calories or less while eating less than 50 carbs (good carbs) and believe it or not about 50-60 grams of fat. This is doable but problem is I can only do it for a month or so then it's back to pasta, etc. :eek: I really need to lose at least 60 pounds. I'm back at it again, lost 5 pounds last week. Just don't quit trying! We will get it right! Good Luck!:)

I am finding cauliflower is my new best friend. ;) I've always liked it drowned in ranch dressing, but just a little dab is also quite tasty (and much lower-cal). I also tried sauteeing a big handful of florets in a tb of butter, delicious, kept me full for hours, and only 100 calories (plus whatever is in the cauliflower, which isn't much).

• 3 weeks later...

I just found this board. I have a Mexican Riviera cruise in April and a Baltic Cruise in June. I go by sizes more than pounds (I don't have a scale, mine went to school years ago for use in my classroom). I am currently a size 16 and would like to get down to a 12 by April. I also have difficulty loosing quickly as I am also post menopausal. I find it easier than when I was going through menopause. That is when I gained so much weight I was up to a size 18 (and they were tight). I hope to get motivation from all of you who are working so hard. I found an old pedometer to try to keep track of my daily steps and I joined a gym, but since I have MS, swimming is often the only way I can get additional Cardio in on a regular basis.

Edited by fishfire
typo

I feel your pain and frustration! The only thing that works for a steady weight loss for me is 1300 calories or less while eating less than 50 carbs (good carbs) and believe it or not about 50-60 grams of fat. This is doable but problem is I can only do it for a month or so then it's back to pasta, etc. :eek: I really need to lose at least 60 pounds. I'm back at it again, lost 5 pounds last week. Just don't quit trying! We will get it right! Good Luck!:)

Good for you. I agree doing the stricter diet is hard. I grew up with eatters, it is a bad habbit. But, to keep going in the right direction, i have to have a cheat day every few weeks, not eat a weeks work of calories in one day, but were i have some pasta, a glass.of wine, and a piece of desert. This has help so far, but a weeks worth of hard work can be ruined by one night of no restraint... so ya the struggle is real.

But keep pushing forward!!!

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

I just found this board. I have a Mexican Riviera cruise in April and a Baltic Cruise in June. I go by sizes more than pounds (I don't have a scale, mine went to school years ago for use in my classroom). I am currently a size 16 and would like to get down to a 12 by April. I also have difficulty loosing quickly as I am also post menopausal. I find it easier than when I was going through menopause. That is when I gained so much weight I was up to a size 18 (and they were tight). I hope to get motivation from all of you who are working so hard. I found an old pedometer to try to keep track of my daily steps and I joined a gym, but since I have MS, swimming is often the only way I can get additional Cardio in on a regular basis.

Well hello fishfire! Best of luck to you... we are all here for support 😊

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...

This is EXACTLY what I need. 270 some days before our 25th anniversary cruise.

currently 5'3" 300 pounds. With start of new year looking to start t-tapp, and walk away the pounds and my fitness pal to monitor calories.

This is EXACTLY what I need. 270 some days before our 25th anniversary cruise.

currently 5'3" 300 pounds. With start of new year looking to start t-tapp, and walk away the pounds and my fitness pal to monitor calories.

Good luck Paul2! Always a challenge isn't it? I have a feeling we will not be alone come Jan. 1!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so happy to have found this sight. Want to drop weight for our upcoming cruise. Have lost 90 pounds and need to drop another 30. Thinking about all the food options on the ship and oh boy......not easy to eat yogurt and fruit with those croissants. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm so happy to have found this sight. Want to drop weight for our upcoming cruise. Have lost 90 pounds and need to drop another 30. Thinking about all the food options on the ship and oh boy......not easy to eat yogurt and fruit with those croissants. [emoji6]

Lol! Very true, hard to eat properly on a ship. I just try to drink more water. Congrats on losing 90 lbs! What an accomplishment! Hope to do the same this year. Very inspiring 😊😊

I was diagnosed with MS almost 6 years ago. I find swimming to be wonderful therapy. it helps with my muscle fatigue and soreness, plus it improves my skin!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I lost 86 pounds in 2015, and have gained back about 15 this year. I'd like to lose 30 before my cruise at the end of November.

I need to start swimming again and jogging. Had a horrible upper respiratory infection that turned into bronchitis this fall and winter, so haven't been exercising at all for months.

I lost 86 pounds in 2015, and have gained back about 15 this year. I'd like to lose 30 before my cruise at the end of November.

I need to start swimming again and jogging. Had a horrible upper respiratory infection that turned into bronchitis this fall and winter, so haven't been exercising at all for months.

Great job ladies! I lost 75 in 2010 and kept it off until August of 2015. I gained 46 in the last 1.5 years with an extreme amount of stress I ate and drank way too much. I started January 2nd. I hope to lose 30 pounds by my cruise April 17th!

Hi there :) I have two cruises booked, one to celebrate my daughter finishing middle school, she'll be 14, and one to celebrate my little sister turning 40, both are just myself and the one being celebrated so a lot of quality time coming up. I suffer from Lupus (SLE) and gave up on exercising many years ago. Also, I love booze. I like it all, beer, wine, liquor... And it "helps" with my stress and pain and seems to be the center of my social life. But, back in August I got on the scale and it said 240 lbs. I have no idea how I let that happen, but I did. Now, looking back, I was following the perfect formula for weight gain, no exercise, many medications and lots of liquid calories... I gave up alcohol for the rest of the year and started seeing a physical therapist to see what I could do. I made it to the end of the year and today weighed in at 210.2. Now I'm trying to enjoy alcohol when I want but counting it as FOOD. When I daydream about cruising, there is a huge focus on the food and drink involved. I love it all. I set a goal for myself of losing 70 lbs in 70 weeks, so for the June 2017 cruise I'd be nicely below 200 and for the Nov 2017 cruise I should hopefully be getting close to reaching my goal and high end for acceptable weight of 160. I can't do a whole lot when it comes to exercising, but with the guidance of my physical therapist I am up to walking 3.5 miles on the treadmill. I try to do it at least twice a week but the holidays got in the way recently. I'm trying to get back on track. I managed to enjoy food over the holidays without putting more than a pound or so back on. Since I met my "rest of the year" goal I have gone to one college bowl game party and had some beer, and after all this time, and knowing how it affects my body, I simply didn't enjoy it. It probably wouldn't be a big change for some people, but it is for me. I got the free UBP with my booking so, of course, I'm daydreaming all the time about starting my day with mimosas and ending it with a martini with some pina coladas in between. When I'm on the cruise I'll probably do a lot of walking and I hope to have lost a lot by then and be able to just enjoy the week without totally sabotaging myself or feeling guilty and then get right back on track. I want to be confident and a good example for my budding teenager and also be able to keep up with my younger and healthier cruise companions. Anyway...reading about everyone else's efforts made me want to share. One step at a time, I'm making progress, but I have a long way to go and some habits to change. It is SOO hard!!

Booked on Breakaway in May I need to lose about 60lb. I was just diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and lost 10 lbs but still have 60 lbs to go. Hubby needs to lose 50 lbs also weight watchers is so expensive over 200 for both of us...but so tired of being tired. Other cruises I have been on we just go to sightsee and I'm so hot, tired and cranky that I can't wait to get back to boat to take a nap. I refuse to be like that for this cruise. Hope I can get on track and it warms up here so I can start to walk again. Good luck to everyone else here!

Will need to go back and read some posts but hoping to lose a good chunk of weight this year for my 2018 cruise. I may have a small cruise this spring which would be nice to be a little lighter for but I know it won't be a lot before then. I would love to lose 50-60 lbs over this year.

Our first cruise was to the Mexican Rivera in Jan. 2011. I was at an all time high of 206lbs. My husband, who eats whatever and whenever he wants (and doesn't exercise) has stayed the same weight since I met him 35 years ago 145 dripping wet. He is 5 1/2 yrs older then me.

One night we were doing a Karaoke duet, having lots of fun. Afterwards, a young woman came up to us and said "You and your son did such a great job singing together".:eek: In a not so nice tone I let her know he was my husband and 5 yrs older then me.

I came home from that cruise and did some serious weight loss. Over the next 6 months I made it down to 140 and stabilized to 150. From size 2x to size 8-10. It really changed the way I felt about myself. My clothing style changed, my hair color changed, my attitude changed.

Fast forward to today: I have gone up and down (up to 30 lbs) since then and recently was up 22lbs and climbing. We have a cruise coming up in 6 weeks and am down 10lbs with 10 more to go. I have cut out the big culprits in my life: Alcohol, sugar, wheat, wine (a catagory on it's own) ;). I am drinking 1/2 my weight in ozs of water/tea. I feel better.

I'm so tired of yoyoing. It's just so easy to fall back into bad habits. Maybe if I pretend to have a cruise scheduled every other month it will help stay on track :D