2017 cruisers that need to drop

RNsoon2beNP

Hi all, I have been looking for a board where I can help and also use some motivation to continue to live a healthier lifestyle while losing a few lbs and gaining some friends as we go.. I am Rob and have a few cruises planned this year and want to look and feel good. After the new year I joined the gym and decided to get back in shape as last year didn't exercise too much as I had a few herniated discs in my lower back which I had repaired in September. So I have started getting on the treadmill each day and also watching what I eat and drink. I haven't had alcohol for several years so don't have those worries. I have since stopped having my coffee and a snack in the morning and switched to green or lemon tea without sugar. I weighed 215 and am 6' and looking to lose 20lbs. I have dropped a few lbs and already had to put a new hole in my belt but with 20 weeks until our next cruise am hoping to drop one pound per week. Good luck to all of you and do hope we can help each other and reach our goals. Rob..

Congrats Rob hoping I can keep motivation going...I just keep telling myself I'm tired of being tired have to stay strong. Also remember something my friend would say "nothing tastes as good as skinny" I check this thread once a day for motivation and to keep on track.

Suzanne

Just checking in.....I'm down 25 lbs. And have 30 to go. Don't think I'll be at my goal weight before the April cruise but at least I won't be 60 lbs overweight like last year. Already getting tired of our cold weather and snow and dreaming of the warm Caribbean :)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Forums mobile app

Having trouble getting motivated to exercise. I just want to hibernate:) water is also hard to get in with all this cold weather. I get some but not my 8 glasses minimum that I should. Eating isn't too much of an issue for me since I am vegan and don't really crave much like I use too before being vegan.

Having trouble getting motivated to exercise. I just want to hibernate:) water is also hard to get in with all this cold weather. I get some but not my 8 glasses minimum that I should. Eating isn't too much of an issue for me since I am vegan and don't really crave much like I use too before being vegan.

I also struggle with getting all my water in. But I did stop drinking soda cold turkey and try to get as much water as I think of. Figure it's a step in the right direction.

I also struggle with getting all my water in. But I did stop drinking soda cold turkey and try to get as much water as I think of. Figure it's a step in the right direction.

That was my New Years resolution to give up all soda. I didn't drink it all the time but it is so bad for you in many ways. Cheers to no soda!

I have never liked soda my weakness is ice tea I had been putting 1 cup sugar in 2 quart pitcher now I'm down to 1/2 cup of sugar and I limit myself to 1 glass a day. Usually in afternoon as a pick up

I, unfortunately, don't do as well when I try to limit. But, I agree with the theory and think its a great way to go as long as you can stick to your plan =)

I have never liked soda my weakness is ice tea I had been putting 1 cup sugar in 2 quart pitcher now I'm down to 1/2 cup of sugar and I limit myself to 1 glass a day. Usually in afternoon as a pick up

Have you tried adding stevia instead of sugar?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I too have been staying away from soda and trying to drink more water I am also cutting my morning coffee in favor of tea at work. We have several variety's at work and today decided to have green tea without sugar. It tasted horrible will try other flavors or bring from home. Not sacrificing taste for weight..I work in a large facility and am responsible for the building and machinery so have ample opportunity to get excersize during the day and drink lots of water. I have an app on the phone LG health that tracks my steps and I frequently am able to get my 10,000 steps in and that's before I come home and go to PF.. Sue take it one day at a time and its going to get easier as we all continue to lose.. Think not only how much better your going to feel, but how much better you will look and feel.... JRS1962 congrats on reaching the 25lb mark, that in itself is quite an accomplishment. Wish you continued success toward your goal. Cruisingfor5 when I was in the military we had to drink two glasses of water at every meal before we touched our food, of course that was hot and San Antonio but try and find a way to stay hydrated. How long have you been vegan?

Renjrusa I have been vegan for 6 months and love it! I was vegetarian for many years before but educated myself and went vegan. Never going back. I love the two glasses of water before each meal idea. Gives me an easy goal to aim for then. I already drink a big glass of water when I wake up so this would get me to my 8 glasses for sure. Thanks

I too have been staying away from soda and trying to drink more water I am also cutting my morning coffee in favor of tea at work. We have several variety's at work and today decided to have green tea without sugar. It tasted horrible will try other flavors or bring from home. Not sacrificing taste for weight..I work in a large facility and am responsible for the building and machinery so have ample opportunity to get excersize during the day and drink lots of water. I have an app on the phone LG health that tracks my steps and I frequently am able to get my 10,000 steps in and that's before I come home and go to PF.. Sue take it one day at a time and its going to get easier as we all continue to lose.. Think not only how much better your going to feel, but how much better you will look and feel.... JRS1962 congrats on reaching the 25lb mark, that in itself is quite an accomplishment. Wish you continued success toward your goal. Cruisingfor5 when I was in the military we had to drink two glasses of water at every meal before we touched our food, of course that was hot and San Antonio but try and find a way to stay hydrated. How long have you been vegan?

Thank you! I didn't actually realize that I had lost that much until I was looking at my weigh ins on my phone apps. I have been so on again off again that even though I knew I was down 1 pant size, I didn't realize how much I had actually lost LOL

Thank you! I didn't actually realize that I had lost that much until I was looking at my weigh ins on my phone apps. I have been so on again off again that even though I knew I was down 1 pant size, I didn't realize how much I had actually lost LOL

Keep it up. I like using the phone for tracking my progress during the day, and again was able to reach the 10000 steps at work.

Wow!! Some great stories on this thread!! Keep up the good work all!!

In 2015 I lost 40 lbs and started running - ran my first 5K in October 2015 and have done a few more since then. I feel like the key to my success was a combination of factors:

1) my husband joined in the "lifestyle change" which made it easier to remove the temptations from the kitchen cupboards.

2) I visited a Dietician who helped me determine how many calories I should be consuming, what foods I should be eating and which I should avoid. She taught me about the glycemic index of foods which I found very helpful. She also gave me some recipes which I still use.

3) I started walking everyday. I MADE time to get my hour walk in. I made it a priority! For so many years I made my family my priority (as most mothers do!) and forgot about ME!

4) I logged all my food intake in the myfitnesspal website. I was completely honest with myself. If I had a cookie, I entered it. I enjoyed a glass of wine and logged it too.

5) I got a Fitbit and made my 10,000 step goal part of my daily routine.

During this same time, my husband lost 95 lbs! We both feel great and work hard to maintain. Over the holidays I indulged a little too much!! Now my pants are TIGHT!! I'm back on track and hope to have lost the holiday weight before our cruise in 3 weeks! NO PRESSURE!!!

Happy Saturday everyone. Another week down and a tired from work and working out weekends just aren't long enough. Survived and avoided all the tempting sweets at work and home this week . Had an employee with his 50yr anniversary working for the company this week and of course they had a cake, and had a daughters 25th and more cake the next day at home.. I wanted a piece but was able to just say no each time... Drinking lots of water and eating a lot of apples.. Going to watch both football games tomorrow but need the snacks to be healthy... Rooting for the Patriots and the Packers...Land 8234 sounds like you have the plan and are committed to reaching your goals and you should both be proud of your accomplishments....Rob

Have you tried adding stevia instead of sugar?

I thinking about trying stevia but I get severe GI upset with aspartame or other artifical sweeteners and don't no much about stevia

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I thinking about trying stevia but I get severe GI upset with aspartame or other artifical sweeteners and don't no much about stevia

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stevia isn't artificial. It's a plant, that is naturally sweet without any additions. It comes in liquid and crystal form. You might want to give it a try at home on the weekend. (You might see it marketed as Truvia, stevia, or sweet leaf)

Good luck with that Sue. Whats everyone else trying or sacrificing to try and make the cruise goal weight? I miss having my morning coffee and donut but then again am saving a few dollars if I give up long enough maybe I can pay for another cruise...yay...

Hello all,

I too am trying to shed some pounds for an upcoming cruise in July. I can honestly say that snacks are my weakness. I'm trying to cut back as well as eat more fruits and vegetables. I know that adding exercise is a big help so I am slowly trying to add it into my daily routine. I did 25 minutes on the elliptical last night and the plan is to do the same tonight.

Wishing everyone well on their weight loss journeys!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hello all,

I too am trying to shed some pounds for an upcoming cruise in July. I can honestly say that snacks are my weakness. I'm trying to cut back as well as eat more fruits and vegetables. I know that adding exercise is a big help so I am slowly trying to add it into my daily routine. I did 25 minutes on the elliptical last night and the plan is to do the same tonight.

Wishing everyone well on their weight loss journeys!!

DeeDee1234 that sounds like a great start. I live in Waterbury and work in Thomaston so had to be up early and in to work for 5am this morning due to the 2 inches of sleet we got. Was able to get some extra exercise shoveling both at home and at work..reached my daily step goal and drinking water and then went to PF on the treadmill...tired but feeling great.....

Thanks renjrusa. I'm familiar with both Thomaston and Waterbury. I worked in Bantam for about 3 years.

We lucked out in the weather department in my town.....not even a school delay. I was glad that we did not loose power.

Great job on all the excercise. I may look into a Fitbit for more accountability and motivation.

Good luck with that Sue. Whats everyone else trying or sacrificing to try and make the cruise goal weight? I miss having my morning coffee and donut but then again am saving a few dollars if I give up long enough maybe I can pay for another cruise...yay...

I'm logging my food everyday. It makes decisions that much easier. I've cut down on my coffee and haven't had a soda since Jan 1. Ever since my gf and I started this we laugh because we now consider "expensive" foods those that are high calorie and not high in price. I use a few apps for visual and milestone motivators as well.