Asia Cruises

Mary2565

Can anyone recommend the best Cruise line for Cruises in Asia.

I was looking at a Royal Caribbean cruise on Mariner of the Seas which sailed in September 2015 for 15 nights.

This Cruise does not seem to be available in 2016.

We would like to see China, Japan, Vietnam, Singapore & Thailand which this cruise was.

Thank you

Bit difficult to advise as we do not know your preferences for ships or budget

Mariner is a big ship so will have to dock in some countries well away from city centres, ie Vietnam Phu My port for Saigon etc.

Smaller ships like Azamara can sail up the river in Saigon and Thailand and so more convenient and often stay for up to two days in port giving more time to look around.

I have taken Azamara and Princess through Asia and our preference would certainly be Azamara if your budget can go there.

We did the RCI Mariner 9 night Singapore-Shanghai last March 2015...while we enjoyed the ports (even though the time in port was too short) it didn't compare to the land only 2 week tour we did in China the previous year...Asia is much more suited to land tours rather than a cruise...JMHO. Enjoy what ever you happen to find that works for you.

There is a 12 night Cruise from Shanghai to Singapore.

The ports listed are:

Shanghai

Okinawa

Hong Kong

Hue Danang

Ho Chi Minh

Singapore

The Ship leaves in October. After you disembark and still wish to see Thailand, you could take a return 1hr flight to Thailand and stay for a few days there.

There is a 12 night Cruise from Shanghai to Singapore.

The ports listed are:

Shanghai

Okinawa

Hong Kong

Hue Danang

Ho Chi Minh

Singapore

The Ship leaves in October. After you disembark and still wish to see Thailand, you could take a return 1hr flight to Thailand and stay for a few days there.

Is this cruise sold mainly to mainland Chinese? Westerners might have trouble adjusting to their different behavior patterns.

Westerners might have trouble adjusting to their different behavior patterns.

Isnt it partly why we like to travel? To see and discover something new and different? That not everything and everybody is just like our own neighbourhood?

Isnt it partly why we like to travel? To see and discover something new and different? That not everything and everybody is just like our own neighbourhood?

Yes...however there can be some (shocks) pro's and cons with this even when you go with an open mind...Happened to us on our Asia cruise...all I'll say about it is YIKES :eek:

We did our first asia cruise on the Diamond Princess and enjoyed the additions of japanese food & entertainment, although apparently there was a lot more of this on some of the cruises only stopping in Japan. (Ours included Taiwan, Hong Kong & 3 stops in Vietnam also).

Passengers were mostly westerners on ours so the feel of the cruise was pretty standard compared to the quiet atmosphere some mention when cruising with far east nationalities. Might be pot luck from that side of things, we were looking forward to a different style but happy with what we got anyway.

One bit of advice, if you want to see Japan look for ports other than Okinawa. Okinawa is nice if it's another option but feels like a weird mix of cultures, so not really a proper taste of that country.

Loved all the other ports too, hope you find something to suit but Princess is definitely one to consider.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes...however there can be some (shocks) pro's and cons with this even when you go with an open mind...Happened to us on our Asia cruise...all I'll say about it is YIKES :eek:

I am taking a similar cruise on the Mariner in March. Can you elaborate on the shocks?

We did a wonderful Japan and China cruise on Celebrity Millennium 25 October for 14 days.

Cruise ended in Hong Kong, we visited ports in Japan (we loved Japan), Shanghai, Okinawa, Taiwan ended in HK.

Here is my review

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=518503&et_cid=2531924&et_rid=17221689&et_referrer=Boards

If you want to see China, suggest a land tour. We did a great one with Vantage in 2012.

• 1 month later...