What Beverages Are Free???

Geesh! With all the threads about what beverage packages cover this and that, I'm confused as to what can we drink without paying extra???

We are moderate drinkers, maybe one or two a day. I'm thinking it's worth just paying as we go. However, coffee is a must in the mornings. Doesn't have to be fancy coffee, just plain old Folgers is fine. Is that an upcharge too?

We will be on the RCL Oasis end of February.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Edited by OhboyOhboy2016

You can get regular coffee for free in the mornings in any of the breakfast venues, including room service. (Room service will deliver a carafe or coffee, not just a cup. Hubby loves his coffee on the balcony in the morning.) If I recall correctly, Promenade Cafe (in the promenade on Deck 5) has self-serve coffee all day and night, as well as hot tea. You can get apple juice and orange juice for free in the mornings. (The orange juice from concentrate. Freshly squeezed orange juice has to be ordered and is an extra charge.) Milk is also available for free.

After breakfast, there is water and flavored water. (Kiwi Strawberry was the flavor I noticed.) There was also lemonade and iced tea.

All of the venues except the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants have a drink station set up where you can stop by and grab a drink whenever you want.

For alcoholic drinks, if you don't drink much, it's best to just buy as you go. Drinks are pricey, though. I can look up our receipt from December if you're interested, but I think all of the drinks we had (mojitos, pina colada, etc.) were $10-12. The beers hubby had were $6.

If you happen to order a soda or two, they were $2 each, if I remember correctly.

For the 14 month old, yes you can get milk. If you ask the people in Windjammer, they'll find a carton for you, even if they have to go get one. However, when we took our 20 month old, (last month) we just ordered two or three cartons from room service every morning. She drank one in the morning, and we stuck the other in the minifridge for later. The fridge doesn't stay super cold, but we found that a milk carton surrounded by cold soda cans stayed plenty cold. Or your room steward will bring you ice if you ask. We had no problem getting milk at the specialty restaurants. We only ate in the main dining room twice, but both times we had trouble getting milk for our daughter. Once we had to ask twice, and once we asked twice and never did get the milk. (P.S. - All the venues had straws, if your kiddo uses a straw. However, the main dining room only had glass cups. We had a couple of sippy cups so we could carry around water for our kiddo.)

Edited by wampuscat7

• 5 months later...