Miami post cruise Hotel

cruzinfun2011

Looking for a great hotel on the beach to spend the day. Our cruise docks in Fort Lauderdale and we depart out of Miami airport at 9pm and we are looking for a place to drop our bags and just hang out. Prefer to be closer to Miami, but anyplace in between the 2 would be great. Group of 6 that mostly wants to just enjoy relaxing on the beach for the day and interested in Miami/South Beach area. Any advice would be welcome -

In addition to Miami Beach check out Hollywood. You could also stay on the beach in Fort Lauderdale.

Will you have rental cars? Transport?:confused:

Budget and dates would help the suggestions to be more on target with your desires and needs.

We have 6 people, so looks like we will most likely get a rental car/cars. Although I was wanting to just take a taxi or shuttle. Would love to stay under 300$ for the room - I was thinking Hollywood would be the wrong direction for us since we fly out of Miami? It doesn't have to be anything special as we will not be sleeping there, just dropping our bags and heading out to the beach for the day.

We have 6 people, so looks like we will most likely get a rental car/cars. Although I was wanting to just take a taxi or shuttle. Would love to stay under 300$ for the room - I was thinking Hollywood would be the wrong direction for us since we fly out of Miami? It doesn't have to be anything special as we will not be sleeping there, just dropping our bags and heading out to the beach for the day.

:confused: Just realized I was a little directionally challenged ! Hollywood would be right in the middle of where I need to go.

Am looking at Holiday Inn Miami Beach Oceanfront, any experience with this hotel ?

:confused: Just realized I was a little directionally challenged ! Hollywood would be right in the middle of where I need to go.

Am looking at Holiday Inn Miami Beach Oceanfront, any experience with this hotel ?

I'd go further south and head to South Beach. If everyone in your crowd doesn't want to spend all the time on the beach, there is so much within walking distance to everything.

Great shopping, dining, and attractions plus the beach is much nicer in South Beach.

Check out:

South Seas

Loews

Shelbourne

Depending upon the time of year possibly:

Shore Club

Delano

If the Delano fits your budget, by far pick that.