Balcony with upper berth

We are planning a trip in Independence with our 1yo and 6yo. 1yo needs a pack n play and the 6yo would ideally be in an upper berth. We also want a balcony room so we have some place to escape when the kids are asleep. All of the balcony rooms that are coming up seem to sleep 4 via a sofa bed, which would be ok for my 6yo, but will we have room for a pack n play if we have the sofa bed extended? Does a balcony room w/ pullman beds not exist??

Definitely have Pullmans in balcony cabins.... We have always had connecting balcony with kids, husband and I in one, 3 kids in other. Two lower beds with our two sons in separated and our daughter always goes up in the Pullman. Only thing though.....not sure how I would feel sleeping under the Pullman??? Although the boys never complain :):):):)

I wish you can specify a bedding configuration when you were booking and just have it do the searching for you!

If you input 4 passengers , 2 adults, 2 children don't you get cabins that sleep 4?

You can always call and have the deck plans up in front of you on your pc

Edited by setsail

We are planning a trip in Independence with our 1yo and 6yo. 1yo needs a pack n play and the 6yo would ideally be in an upper berth. We also want a balcony room so we have some place to escape when the kids are asleep. All of the balcony rooms that are coming up seem to sleep 4 via a sofa bed, which would be ok for my 6yo, but will we have room for a pack n play if we have the sofa bed extended? Does a balcony room w/ pullman beds not exist??

The only balcony cabins that have the Pullmans on the Indy are the E1 cabins. They have the 3rd and 4th Pullman. These cabins are slightly smaller than the D cabins which have the sofa bed.

With the sofa bed extended there would not be room for a pack n play.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The only balcony cabins that have the Pullmans on the Indy are the E1 cabins. They have the 3rd and 4th Pullman. These cabins are slightly smaller than the D cabins which have the sofa bed.

I agree. With the sofa bed open there is not much open floor space left.

If you input 4 passengers , 2 adults, 2 children don't you get cabins that sleep 4?

You can always call and have the deck plans up in front of you on your pc

Yes there are plenty of balconies that sleep 4 by putting 2 people on a sofa bed. My 1yo cannot sleep on a sofa bed with her 6yo brother. She needs a pack n play. :(

I think we're going with 2 oceanview cabins instead of 1 balcony....

Ahh, thanks. I was only looking at D cabins so that explains it. The E1's must not be part of the bogo50 promo or something, or sold out maybe.

No offense intended, but I always found these kind of situations are where it is really great to have a travel agent who can search this stuff out for you. Perhaps that approach might also be able to get you a room with only three beds, thus adding enough room for your pack and play (I think we used to call this a playpen?).

No offense intended, but I always found these kind of situations are where it is really great to have a travel agent who can search this stuff out for you. Perhaps that approach might also be able to get you a room with only three beds, thus adding enough room for your pack and play (I think we used to call this a playpen?).

LOL, no offense taken but I am actually a travel agent doing bookings for family/friends primarily. The fact is even the tools available to TAs (which I was using when doing this booking) make it really cumbersome to find cabins that meet these kind of specific requirements. Yes, I have all of the deck plans but then need to cross reference that with what's actually available, qualifies for promotions, etc. I got it worked out and found 2 oceanview connecting cabins for less than a balcony. :)

Edited by staceyeileen