Airport and cruise port hotel in ft. Lauderdale

Arod1313

Hello. I was just wondering what hotel recommendations people had for cruise and airport shuttle service in Fort Lauderdale. We will be arriving late (probably 1am) the day before the cruise so are just looking for a place to sleep that's inexpensive. We'd be willing to use a cab if cheaper and easier.

Edited by Arod1313

Ft. Lauderdale is a very easy town. The Airport and cruise port are quite close together. We usually stay at eh Embassy Suites on 17th Street. It is less than 10 minutes from the airport and less than 10 minutes to the cruise port. A cab is the way to go. Embassy Suites does have a shuttle to the port and I believe it is $10 per person. You'll find alot more suggestions for cheaper hotels on the Florida departures board. Enjoy!

Only been there once and we stayed at Springhill Suites. Quite close to the airport and not far to the pier. Springhill Suites by Marriott had a free shuttle included in your room, however it was not very well organized. I would recommend a cab. This hotel is a bit cheaper than Embassy although Embassy is probably one of the better hotels for sleep and breakfast.

We were there 2 weeks ago. Stayed at the Embassy Suites. Nice hotel and free breakfast. There was 4 of us and the taxi driver from the airport gave me a card to call for a cab when we wanted to go to the port. I called and in a few minutes I got a text that the cab was less than a mile away. It gave me the option to text back "where" to find out where it was. Over the next 40 minutes I did that 4 times. Each time it gave me a different cab number and each tine said it was less than a mile away. We gave up and took the hotel shuttle. It was $9 per person and well worth it.

We were there 2 weeks ago. Stayed at the Embassy Suites. Nice hotel and free breakfast. There was 4 of us and the taxi driver from the airport gave me a card to call for a cab when we wanted to go to the port. I called and in a few minutes I got a text that the cab was less than a mile away. It gave me the option to text back "where" to find out where it was. Over the next 40 minutes I did that 4 times. Each time it gave me a different cab number and each tine said it was less than a mile away. We gave up and took the hotel shuttle. It was $9 per person and well worth it.

You felt for that ???

We have stayed at the embassy for years, and we still like it. But it has gotten pretty crazy. Happy hour is a long line for both food and drinks. Breakfast is a long wait and they run out of everything and you better be aggressive to get a table. Elevators are insane mornings with everyone getting their luggage down from their rooms, and then trying to get to port is also crazy.

We have stayed there a bunch but I think I am going to search out new options next time we cruise out of FLL. Its certainly not the cheapest option and the benefits you think you get are just a PITA sometimes. Maybe better to pay for breakfast and have a sane morning.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn North Cruise Port. Free airport shuttle and 6 bucks pp to the cruise port. We weren't looking for anything fancy just a place to relax the day before. I know there is a shopping center across the street for any last minute purchases and restaurants nearby.

Hello. I was just wondering what hotel recommendations people had for cruise and airport shuttle service in Fort Lauderdale. We will be arriving late (probably 1am) the day before the cruise so are just looking for a place to sleep that's inexpensive. We'd be willing to use a cab if cheaper and easier.

Quality Inn , 2520 Stirling Rd, Hollywood. Reasonable price and free shuttle from Airport and to the Cruiseport. Free Breakfast.

We just returned from a cruise and used the Holiday Inn on Sheridan. We paid $70.00 for one night with IHG points and there was a free shuttle from the airport and $10 pp shuttle to the port. Hotel gets great reviews!

The hotel was nice and clean with comfortable beds and a very nice pool/hot tub area. They have a breakfast buffet but it was expensive. We ate breakfast at the Denny's right across the street. There was a Shell station right across the parking lot where we purchased Soda for the cruise (we were cruising on HAL and you can bring sodas and bottled water).

We would stay there again. We arrived on 1/01/16 and hotels in the area were very expensive. We thought we got an excellent deal!

We like Embassy Suites as well. I don't remember the actual numbers, but we had planned to take a taxi rather than the hotel shuttle. We rolled our luggage out the door and the shuttle was loading. We told the driver that we were taking the taxi and he cut the shuttle price in half. We ended up taking the shuttle.

While Embassy Suites are nice, they are a little expensive, especially if you will be arriving so late. Do a Google Maps search for Fort Lauderdale Hotel and you will see lots of choices. Since you're arriving so late, take your pick between Hampton Inn, Comfort Suites, Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn Express, Candlewood Suites, etc. All should be a little cheaper and all are just a short taxi ride to the pier. See whoever offers the best deal, which could even be Embassy Suites.

I'd like to add that we typically fly without all of the heavy liquids that we (I mean DW and DDs) will need on the cruise like shampoos, conditioners, lotions, etc. We buy them at the cruise port. There is a CVS and a Walgreens within walking distance of the Embassy Suites and nearby hotels.