Currency Allure Eastern

StuLaurie

Do I need to worry about getting any foreign currency. We will be on a Eastern Cruise. I won't use my credit card I'd rather pay cash. In Nassua we are doing the Chocolate Tour at Graycliff and might buy a few things there. In St Marteen we are doing a private tour with Bernards and will probably buy some pastries on the French side.

Thanks

Do I need to worry about getting any foreign currency. We will be on a Eastern Cruise. I won't use my credit card I'd rather pay cash. In Nassua we are doing the Chocolate Tour at Graycliff and might buy a few things there. In St Marteen we are doing a private tour with Bernards and will probably buy some pastries on the French side.
Short answer: NO.

Bahamas prints some local currency on par with US$. US$ accepted everywhere.

Sint Maarten (Dutch) is officially on ANG (Antillean Guilder)(at least I think that is still official), but virtually everyone operates in US$. Very rare to see any prices other than US$.

St. Martin (French) is on the Euro, and most prices are posted in Euros, but most (not all) places accept dollars - often now at par with US$ which is actually better than it should be! Check the exchange rate before you consume anything!

Thom

Edited by TravelerThom

Thanks

Your US $$'s will be easily accepted even on the Dutch side at more than likely Serafina's Bakery in Marigot...Enjoy the private tour Bernards offers and our favorite eastern caribbean ports.

Nope, you'll like Bernards. We had DJ as our tour guide. After leaving Maho Beach, on our way back to the ship there was an accident & traffic was backed up, so DJ turned around & took us all the way around from the french side backtracking. People on the tour didn't think we'd make it back by 4:30, but we did, barely. Had a good time though.