Live from the Regal Princess – Jan 17-31, 2016 – Diary of a conflicted hungry...

lor74

I have another story I need to share. After dinner tonight (salad, chicken, turkey, potatoes, cake), I noticed there was a mistake on our account...bracelets that we bought earlier did not have the 10% elite discount applied. We went back to the table where they were being sold, and told the woman who sold them to us about the problem. She found the receipt and went to get a manager to make the correction. When her and the manager came back, another couple and their friend were also there looking at the items on the table. At that moment someone passed some serious wind....I'm talking about 2 day old baby diaper left in the sun kinda stench! We assume it was the large older gentleman. The following all happened within seconds of each other: as the manager starts to make the correction on the computer, he makes a disgusted looking face, then the friend of the couple says something to them and disappears, then another worker at the other end of the table covers his face, and then the smell hits us, and we cover our faces and back away. The poor manager and the sales woman are stuck in the fog for several minutes as they are working on my receipt and also dealing with stinky who is buying something. Ro and I had backed away about 7 feet and are laughing while trying to find clean oxygen. The other guy at the table is making faces also looking for clean air, and when we made eye contact, we both lost it. I am trying not to make a scene laughing, and he has to walk away from the table completely. We stayed on his side of the table, and knowing what we were avoiding, the manager gave the guy the new proper receipt to punch up, and walked away with a smile on his face. While completing the order, the dude says to me "omg, that was bad!" [emoji40]

We are checked in for our flight and our bags are almost packed. Last year when we got home it was -30C, I think tomorrow it is going to be +4. What a difference a year makes!

We chose the early walk-off. We did not need to get off the ship early, but we prefer to handle our own luggage and leave when we are ready. It was between 8:30 - 9am when we decided to leave. We were off the ship in a matter of seconds, then waited around 15 minutes to clear customs. We used Uber to get to the airport, it cost $9.80

Thanks again for all your time very much appreciated

Can you give me more details on how you arranged Uber for your port pick up? (Especially how you find the driver in the mass of cars.) We would like to use Über from the port to our hotel in Dania after our cruise.

Enjoyed reading your cruise adventure.

Thank you

Debr

thanks for "live from" it has been a blast. we will be on the regal in 7 days and cant wait....I "WILL" find the lamb...missed it last year.

also would like info on using UBER when you get a chance, thanks

we will be heading to the Westin on the beach from the ship and know that there is a marathon running in front of the Hotel in the AM, so traffic is going to be tough all over Ft. Lauderdale with only 1 lane open on the main drag.

Uber...obviously the first thing you need as an Internet connection on your phone. When you open the app it gps' to your location, so the pickup point is already set. Just choose a destination and then you can get an estimate on the price. When you actually confirm your uberx, it will show you the picture of the driver and make of car, with the estimate of arrival time. For pickup at the port, we just walked to the private pickup area, which is in the front before you reach the doors to enter the terminal...not the side where the taxis and baggage guys are. While Ro stayed on the sides with the bags, I just walked to the beginning of that zone so I could catch the car as soon as he entered the area....to make sure he didn't drive right past us to the wrong area. Your uber account should be setup in advance of leaving your house, with your picture and credit card. If this would be your first time using uber, there are referral codes out there.....a Google search will give you a lot of results. Mine is lorens335ue

Uber...obviously the first thing you need as an Internet connection on your phone. When you open the app it gps' to your location, so the pickup point is already set. Just choose a destination and then you can get an estimate on the price. When you actually confirm your uberx, it will show you the picture of the driver and make of car, with the estimate of arrival time. For pickup at the port, we just walked to the private pickup area, which is in the front before you reach the doors to enter the terminal...not the side where the taxis and baggage guys are. While Ro stayed on the sides with the bags, I just walked to the beginning of that zone so I could catch the car as soon as he entered the area....to make sure he didn't drive right past us to the wrong area. Your uber account should be setup in advance of leaving your house, with your picture and credit card. If this would be your first time using uber, there are referral codes out there.....a Google search will give you a lot of results. Mine is lorens335ue

Thank you so much! We have not had good experiences with the taxi drivers in Ft. Lauderdale, so will try Uber.

Debr

I loved the Regal and already counting down the days until I see her again. Hitting the gym 3x will be hard but if you only go once a day it will be success! Take the stairs and cut out dumb calories such as soda. Looking forward to your review!

Hey Anthony, I`m amused as I`m Boca 7 because I`m the 7th son & my name is Anthony. What is your 7 for?

Follow up to the diet/exercise theme:

13 days "clean" prior to the cruise = 7lbs weight loss

16 days "dirty" while on vacation, followed by a few days back to "normal" with no exercise = 4lbs gain

As of today I am down 3lbs for 2016. I will call January a big success :)

16 days "dirty" while on vacation, followed by a few days back to "normal" with no exercise = 4lbs gain

Congrats! I would consider that a victory!

That's great - and almost impossible on a cruise month. What's your final goal?

PS - I'm on my pre cruise diet now and I am only down 1lb...hoping to lose another 4 before the 21st.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the great review! It was fun to read.

Which pool did you swim your laps in? The Fountain pool? How long do you think it is?

We are on the Regal in a few weeks and I am wondering if I'll be able to get in a decent swim. I'm not a hardcore swimmer but I do try to get in 1000-1500m a couple times a week.

Yes, I swam daily in the main pool on the lido deck by the fountain. I don't know the length, but it is decent for a cruise ship pool...have certainly been in smaller! I swam daily between 8-9am, and there was never more than 1 other person with me...most people don't like taking ice baths that early! Have a great cruise! [emoji474]🏼

Thanks for the quick reply. I will certainly give it a try and will aim for early morning! ...or early-ish. I've been toying with keeping my sleep pattern on west coast time while on a Caribbean cruise but normally I'm a morning person who gets up with the sun.