Future Cruise Certificate

notjaded

For those who have knowledge of this situation, your insights are appreciated:

I have a "Future Cruise Certificate" that happens to be worth $1000. It is made out in my name, and has a "Cruise must be taken by [date]" noted.

1. It is unlikely that we will make a Celebrity Cruise by that date. Does anyone have any experience getting the deadline extended?

2. What does this certificate cover?

Many thanks!

I had 2x $1000 certificates given due to noise issues we had on Equinox. I had a cruise booked so had them appled to the outstanding balance. Can only be applied towards the cruise cost component, not port fees, taxes, grats. As for the use by date, I doubt would be any flexibility on that.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Tapatalk

I had 2x $1000 certificates given due to noise issues we had on Equinox. I had a cruise booked so had them appled to the outstanding balance. Can only be applied towards the cruise cost component, not port fees, taxes, grats. As for the use by date, I doubt would be any flexibility on that.

What noise issues did you experience on the Equinox ... I only ask because I have 2 future cruises planned on her and now am a little concerned.

OP -- Sorry for hijacking this thread.

We had two of them from our recent NYE cruise worth $200 each that were supposed to expire on Feb 1, 2017. We are past final payment for our Feb 2016 cruise, and our next cruise is Feb 5 2017. Our TA spoke with Celebrity and they agreed to extend the date to cover that cruise, but it was only a few days.

Just how soon does it expire?

Unless something massive happens, I would not expect to be able to get it extended more than a small amount.

We were in a Concierge cabin on the Constellation with a broken air conditioner for three days. Every day we were assured it was fixed and every night I thought we were sleeping under a jet engine with someone barbecuing in our cabin. Just curious how long was your cruise, what kind of cabin did you have and what kind of noise did you have? We received two $100.00 FCC's for not sleeping for three nights. Not much compensation in my opinion. FCC's are not good on Transatlantic's. We applied it to a upcoming cruise and were told by Celebrity if we need to cancel we would loose our FCC.

Edited by happy 2 b cruising

Is it transferable? perhaps you can sell it. Or call celebrity and ask to extend it....airlines will often do similar for a small fee. or, as celebrity if you can use it to book a cruise now that is past the deadline date. but I would get it in writing if they say yes......A TA might have more pull getting them to do that though.

For those who have knowledge of this situation, your insights are appreciated:

I have a "Future Cruise Certificate" that happens to be worth $1000. It is made out in my name, and has a "Cruise must be taken by [date]" noted.

1. It is unlikely that we will make a Celebrity Cruise by that date. Does anyone have any experience getting the deadline extended?

2. What does this certificate cover?

Many thanks!