Oceaneer bands and Infinity 3.0 game

jrm9999

When registering our kids online for our next cruise I noticed a statement saying if you choose to keep the Oceaneer band (for a fee) when you get home you can place it on an Infinity 3.0 console to unlock some game content.

Does anyone know what kind of content it unlocks? I know Disney is pushing for people to buy these bands as they now sell the charms for them. This sound like just another reason they want to sell the band. Is the game content actually worth it?

We were on the Magic last week and kept the band. It was about $16.00 the price of a Disney Infinity Character. I used it the other day on 3.0 and it unlocked a cruise ship to use as a vehicle and the rest of the content was wallpaper, windows, and other cruise ship decor for use in the interior portion of Infinity. Since we are not going on another Disney cruise till late next year I assume it will be usable in the future editions as well. As for the value I guess it is whether you are wanting the exclusive items or not.

We were on the Magic last week and kept the band. It was about $16.00 the price of a Disney Infinity Character. I used it the other day on 3.0 and it unlocked a cruise ship to use as a vehicle and the rest of the content was wallpaper, windows, and other cruise ship decor for use in the interior portion of Infinity. Since we are not going on another Disney cruise till late next year I assume it will be usable in the future editions as well. As for the value I guess it is whether you are wanting the exclusive items or not.

There's more than this. We were playing around with it last night (I think in the Toy Box Hub) and were able to unlock some content where we were able to run around on the Top Deck of the Dream. There is also content where you can visit Castaway Cay, the DCL Terminal in PC, and Nassau.

The band is $12.95. You get charged for it when you sign up. If you return the band by the last night you will receive a credit otherwise the charge remains on your bill.

Disney has it well figured - just try getting that band away from most of the kids that used it for the Oceaneer locations! lol