kettles in cabin on Epic

swiftcookie

Balcony cabins and above have coffee makers but you can order a pot of tea to be delivered to your cabin first thing in the morning by putting the breakfast order form on the outside door handle the night before . tea / coffee / hot chocolate and a pastry if required will be delivered free of charge . just tip the waiter .

or just wander to the atrium/o'sheehans/buffet depending on cabin location for piping hot water with a lidded reusuable hot drinks cup - we brits need the water red hot for tea right? Often the tea on EPIC is served with plain hot water in a teapot and teabag separate on the tray, and as the water cools then the tea won't infuse as well as if the bag was in the pot from the first second...

Sorry. I just thought this was funny. I am American and have grown close to my London colleagues and we mix up our terminology from time to time. I think of kettles as pots and pans used to cook dinner in, which is what my Swedish MIL calls them. But I always used to think of a teak kettle when she said it! Enjoy your cruise and your tea!

Oh dear, I thought I would get some stick from this question. A cuppa is a cup of tea and a kettle is the receptacle you boil the water in. thanks everyone for your replies. I'll take my own...

I would suggest calling NCL regarding taking your own kettle before taking it. I would hate to see them confiscate it. There are certain things (such as irons) that you cannot take on a cruiseship.

I hope they allow you to take it.

Have a great trip. :D

Oh dear, I thought I would get some stick from this question. A cuppa is a cup of tea and a kettle is the receptacle you boil the water in. thanks everyone for your replies. I'll take my own...

I highly doubt that you will be allowed to bring an appliance on board. All cabins we have stayed in had a coffee marker in them already.

One of the things I have resigned myself to when cruising is that I will never have a proper cup of tea. Even when served in the MDR or Haven/concierge breakfast spot they just don't use boiling water. Most hot water dispensers on a coffee maker dispense water at 205 degrees Fahrenheit while water boils at 212. Assuming most cruise lines dispense water from the maker at 205 it will make it to your table/room somewhere below that!

If you need morning caffeine then try drinking a morning Coca-Cola or in my case being from the south a morning Diet Dr. Pepper.:D

Just off Epic today and can confirm coffee makers, no kettles in the cabins. I tried to make tea using water heated in the coffee maker and it was a complete failure! Tea in the dining rooms wasn't made with hot enough water and was very weak, and the quality of tea in general onboard was quite poor.

Get hot water from the buffet and if you enjoy a nice cuppa, consider bringing your own bags. Onboard coffee was also dreadful outside of the coffee bar in the atrium.

Just off Epic today and can confirm coffee makers, no kettles in the cabins. I tried to make tea using water heated in the coffee maker and it was a complete failure! Tea in the dining rooms wasn't made with hot enough water and was very weak, and the quality of tea in general onboard was quite poor.

Get hot water from the buffet and if you enjoy a nice cuppa, consider bringing your own bags. Onboard coffee was also dreadful outside of the coffee bar in the atrium.

Thank you for this info.

Are the coffee makers in all class of stateroom? We're in an inside in a week.

Is the coffee any good from the machines?

Thanks in advance.

could you confirm that was an inside cabin. in their info they state coffee makers in balcony cabins only. if you were in an inside do they provide dressing gowns and a good supply of toiletries - especially body lotion. we are flying with limited luggage and don't want to take these things if they are already there.

thanks

could you confirm that was an inside cabin. in their info they state coffee makers in balcony cabins only. if you were in an inside do they provide dressing gowns and a good supply of toiletries - especially body lotion.
No coffee maker in insides. No dressing gowns/robes, and no body lotion, either. You may be able to get some of these things by asking your steward, but they may not be able to provide them, so if you absolutely need them, bring from home.

No coffee maker in insides. No dressing gowns/robes, and no body lotion, either. You may be able to get some of these things by asking your steward, but they may not be able to provide them, so if you absolutely need them, bring from home.

thanks for that info - i'll be packing all my toiletries then...

I really love my piping hot well brewed cup (or two) of 'breakfast tea' first thing in the morning, so sad this will not be possible on my up-coming Jade cruise. It is certainly not the same to go on a hot water hunt on waking up. A pre-arranged lukewarm pot of tea from room service is always a poor substitute too.

I completely understand they do not allow passengers to bring their own electrical appliances due to risk of them malfunctioning, although I believe hair appliances are ok though. I see a 'nickel and diming' opportunity for the cruise line here. Rent me a kettle!!! Please! I will pay!

I really love my piping hot well brewed cup (or two) of 'breakfast tea' first thing in the morning, so sad this will not be possible on my up-coming Jade cruise. It is certainly not the same to go on a hot water hunt on waking up. A pre-arranged lukewarm pot of tea from room service is always a poor substitute too.

I completely understand they do not allow passengers to bring their own electrical appliances due to risk of them malfunctioning, although I believe hair appliances are ok though. I see a 'nickel and diming' opportunity for the cruise line here. Rent me a kettle!!! Please! I will pay!

As an avid tea drinker who likes her Irish tea, I have accepted the fact then while on a cruise, I will never get a proper cuppa. I suggest you bring your own tea bags as well.

thank goodness someone is like me. I like a cuppa when I wake up - not go around searching the ship or having the steward arrive at pre-arranged time when sometimes I'm already up and out. I've tried ringing room service upon waking up and they never answer the phone cos obviously they are busy. I don't buy the safety issue because we've cruised with other lines who supply kettles as well as cups, t-bags etc just like any hotel room would. thanks all for you answers on this.

Apparently we burn tea when using boiling water, recommended to stand the kettle for 4-5minutes before applying to the tea.

Anyway, the main point of my post was that on my last few cruises you can request Twinings English Breakfast rather than the white tea sachets normally served. The butler brought us loads to the cabin and in any restaurant all you had to ask for was Twinings and they'd bring you two in a pot.