Trader Joes near Long Beach

FirstCruiseBeth

We have a day in Long Beach, staying at the Hyatt Regency, before our cruise in February. DH loves various things we can only get from Trader Joes and wants to take a cab to one for his supplies. There seem to be three branches near Long Beach. Which would be the best to aim for?

Many thanks

Beth

Hi,

Just wondering if you are flying in from somewhere else as your location on your profile says you live in Scotland?? It might be easier to stop on your way to Long Beach from where you arrive than in a cab once you are there.

This map shows all the Trader Joe's near the Hyatt Regency.

https://goo.gl/maps/ZWYKWzBjTr92

There are all a little more than 4 miles away with the one on the Pacific Hwy(rte 1) the closest at only 4 miles. I suppose I'd go to that one as they will all pretty much carry similar items.

We are also staying at that hotel before our March cruise which is why it has those dates on the map.

Google remembers all those sorts of things!!

Edited by riffatsea

Thank you very much for your helpful reply. We are flying into LAX arriving at 1830 and planning to get either a shuttle (which we've never done before) or a taxi to the Hyatt. We're arriving two days early, in case of bad weather causing delays, so should have a whole spare day and we'll aim for the one on the Pacific Highway.

Thanks again. And wishing you a great cruise in March!

Beth

I take it that you won't be hiring a car...

If you want to use public transportation, getting to and from the Trader Joe's on Pacific Coast Highway is easy:

From the Hyatt, just walk up Pine a couple of blocks to Ocean, turn left and go a short Block to Pacific...There is a bus stop on the northeast corner of Pacific and Ocean (on Pacific)...

Catch the #121 bus...For $1.25 per person each way (have exact change), it will take you to Pacific Coast Highway and Second Street and drop you off next to the In-and-Out Burger--right across the street from the shopping Center with the Trader Joe's...

To get back, go across PCH from In-and-Out...a little further up, just past Lucille's BBQ, is the bus stop to get back to your hotel...Get off at 1st and Pine and walk straight back down Pine three blocks to the Hyatt...

While you are at that area for the Trader Joe's, note that there are a lot of other shopping and restaurants in that area...

Also, I'd bring something a little sturdier than those standard paper bags with me--to carry whatever groceries I've brought back--a small backpack, a nylon or canvas bag, etc.