OBC not showing on invoice...

brookebm

I've gone back and forth with RCI for a few weeks regarding lost gift certificates (redeemed them online but nothing showed up in my reservation). One of them was for $250 and was supposed to be redeemed toward on board credit. I had called customer service and was told there was no OBC in my reservation. About a week later I received an email saying that I do have an OBC, but that their system lists this credit on a confirmation different from my invoice, and sent me an "amenity confirmation".

So currently, my invoice is showing that I do not have any on board credit. But I have a separate amenity confirmation which shows the on board credit under only my husbands name, but with the correct reservation #.

Is this normal? I've never cruised before, so I'm not sure. But it seems logical that if there is an OBC line in my invoice, then any OBC I have should be listed there. If this is going to land me in customer service during my trip I'd rather get it sorted out now.

It does not matter whether the OBC shows up on the booking invoice or the amenity invoice. Just bring it with you just in case it does not show up onboard. I know if someone buys you OBC it does not show up on the invoice but does show up on the amenity invoice.

Edited by molly361

Yes any OBC that is purchased, and that is in essence what you did with your gift certificate, does not show up on your booking invoice.

There have been a lot of us Canadians buying OBC lately and no one has reported any issues but as Ellen suggested best to bring your amenity confirmation with you.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I purchased extra OBC near the end of December and had a Gifts & Gear card waiting for me in my stateroom on boarding day (Jan 6, Grandeur) confirming the amount purchased. The purchased OBC was posted to my onboard account on boarding day, same as with my booking bonus OBC. I didn't have to wait until Day 2 as they often mention to pre-empt people asking about it on the first day.