Live: Silhouette's Sweet, Chic Sky Suite

Stem to Stern

Thank you for all the details. The DH and I will be on her in less than 2 weeks. We are in an AQ1 and I am really jealous that you are getting the Suite Treatment! We can't wait to try the Persian Garden and thermal suites.

How have the pools been? Cold/Warm/Crowded?

Keep the pictures coming! Love cruising vicariously as it is 16º here today!

Thank you for taking the time and effort to post this update on your holiday. You certainly appear to be having a great time.

The fish dish you pictured above looks very much like sticky rice to me, rather than steamed rice. If it was, my partner will be so happy as she is getting concerned at lack of her home comfort food while aboard as she is coming from Laos where sticky rice is the potato or pasta equivalent. I can see me needing to make some quick arrangements with Luminae for a daily serving of sticky rice when we have dinner next week.

Once again, very much appreciated.

Edited by livingasia

3d25c94f5c5dcb44d3a4da94be45c628.jpgcdf1f67a0f4562495717c45db257d5e5.jpg93748c4c9dc66de74feed547391870a7.jpg71a0252c2560b612656f2fc7dcf67467.jpgd4bf15a92e101e1b2a0adc765bf11221.jpgf9d5341625ba51d222cd6a8998e2a5ff.jpg

Lighting in Quasar.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hmmm nothing that I see here foodwise is telling me that Luminae will be getting that Michelin Star they are striving for. If you didn't tell me, I would think this was MDR food. These are Chic Night dishes? I hope it tastes better that it looks. Those whipped cream flowers with the green dots...what the heck is that? Looks like a child decorated the plate! LOL

Thanks so much for posting. Looking forward to the rest of your trip. Enjoy! PS - What time do they lock up the beer and close the car for drinks in MC? Thanks again!

Hmmm nothing that I see here foodwise is telling me that Luminae will be getting that Michelin Star they are striving for. If you didn't tell me, I would think this was MDR food. These are Chic Night dishes? I hope it tastes better that it looks. Those whipped cream flowers with the green dots...what the heck is that? Looks like a child decorated the plate! LOL

Thanks so much for posting. Looking forward to the rest of your trip. Enjoy! PS - What time do they lock up the beer and close the car for drinks in MC? Thanks again!

Halibut is what Jason recommended on chic night last night. It was okay. Tim thought the panna cotta was presented in a rather child-like manner as well. Beer coolers were already locked and liquor was gone when we walked into Michael's at 1:00am.

I've had that dish in Luminae and enjoyed it. The flowers are meringues.

Tuscan

We arrived in Old San Juan early yesterday. Off the ship around 2. We were here previously, so we decided to take it easy. We walked up to Christobal for some pictures then back down a few streets and back to the ship. Two other ships in port when we arrived, Aida vita and Club Med 2. No others after us. We met our friends at Michael's Club for a predinner drink. We always receive a warm welcome from Anca and everyone else working in there. The bartender promptly got our drinks and later Anca, the concierge passed out some canapés to the tables as more people came in. Anca is always friendly, upbeat, accommodating, and inviting us to stay for a drink. We had not yet been to Michael's at this hour of the day. There were a few more people than we had seen previously, but not crowded at all. At 7 we went to Tuscan and sat by a window with a view of the harbor lights. We enjoyed watching the Club Med 2 back out of the dock and head out. Radu, the sommelier, was from Romania and a delight. He asked which beverage package we had a made recommendations based on that. Our friend wanted prosecco, but Radu said the pallet that was delivered to the ship today while in San Juan was still being unpacked. He made another recommendation and poured us each a glass. Tim and I both started with the braised beef ravioli, then salad, and filet. When we ordered we also said we wanted to try the bolognese. The waiter recommended we get that as the side, but I wanted spinach as my side. We told him to just bring us an extra main of the bolognese to share and he did. Antipasti tray was presented and we each made our selections and began to nibble. What seemed like moments later, our starters arrived. I thought the ravioli was okay, but Tim found it delicious. Tim loves to cook and enjoy a fine meal out where menus aren't even opened until the second cocktail is served, so he found the pace unacceptable. Tim is a stickler for fine dining service, so when plates started to be cleared before EVERYONE was finished with their course, the mood started to sour. On top of that the next course's flatware was placed around me while I was still enjoying my chop chop salad. We were in great company, so we all chuckled about the situation and carried on. The filet was cooked to order, hot, and on a large, hot oval plate all by itself. Spinach was in a separate mini casserole and lacked flavor. Tim really liked his garlic mashed potatoes. While our friend was in the restroom another waiter brought dessert menus and offered to explain them. Tim told him we were waiting for our friend to return. The waiter proceeded to explain the desserts. Yet another waiter offered and served the coffee. By now I am feeling the abandonment of our original waiter as he tended to several other tables. Overall it was a delicious meal, but staffing levels and timing issues left the experience a bit awkward. We all agreed with confidence that Luminae will continue to fulfill our fine dining desires on board. The comedy juggler, Pete Matthews, had showtimes last night at 8:30 and 10:30, but that was not of interest to any of us. Instead three of us joined a great crowd in the Sky Lounge for the Awesome 80s Dance Party with DJ T. Lake. We are docked in St Kitts this morning along side Celebrity Eclipse. We are looking forward to a fun afternoon on the Caribbean Scenic Rail and Sail Excursion. Then back to Michael's Club and Luminae. Tonight's show at 7 or 9 is vocal impressionist Greg London.6d78c3066e6cc600268f2b1a5aed8795.jpg0574b237f2542aca6cb0c02f7d31b458.jpg

Halibut is what Jason recommended on chic night last night. It was okay. Tim thought the panna cotta was presented in a rather child-like manner as well. Beer coolers were already locked and liquor was gone when we walked into Michael's at 1:00am.

It usually closes 11.30 -12.00

Hi ... I'm the partner referred to here. Just to add to what's already been posted: We went to Tuscan Grille and I thought the atmosphere and food were quite good. However, my main complaint is that we felt rushed. It started off with little things -- e.g. the waiter tried to take our order even before the wine steward came over or before we were offered a cocktail. When taking our order, the waiter explained the menu in terms of it being a "three course" meal, and it included pastas as entrees. When my partner asked if he could have a 1/2 order of pasta as another course before the entree, the waiter responded that he would bring it as a side dish with the main. In my experience of fine Italian restaurants, pasta is usually a course before the "secondo piatti," so we all found it odd that the menu didn't describe it as such here. However, it was even more odd that the request for a pasta course was not accommodated, being served as a "side." Finally, my partner's silverware was being exchanged out in preparation for his next course even while he was finishing his salad -- again, a serving faux pas. Soooo...my advice, should you prefer a leisurely dining experience, would be to politely tell the waiter at the beginning of the meal that you're in no hurry and that you'd like to take things slowly. -- Cheers! :-)

Hi ... I'm the partner referred to here. Just to add to what's already been posted: We went to Tuscan Grille and I thought the atmosphere and food were quite good. However, my main complaint is that we felt rushed. It started off with little things -- e.g. the waiter tried to take our order even before the wine steward came over or before we were offered a cocktail. When taking our order, the waiter explained the menu in terms of it being a "three course" meal, and it included pastas as entrees. When my partner asked if he could have a 1/2 order of pasta as another course before the entree, the waiter responded that he would bring it as a side dish with the main. In my experience of fine Italian restaurants, pasta is usually a course before the "secondo piatti," so we all found it odd that the menu didn't describe it as such here. However, it was even more odd that the request for a pasta course was not accommodated, being served as a "side." Finally, my partner's silverware was being exchanged out in preparation for his next course even while he was finishing his salad -- again, a serving faux pas. Soooo...my advice, should you prefer a leisurely dining experience, would be to politely tell the waiter at the beginning of the meal that you're in no hurry and that you'd like to take things slowly. -- Cheers! :-)

That's a lack of training. In an Italian restaurant?? Ridiculous

BUT it looks like someone got pistachio creme brulee for dessert so I am sure the meal ended on a high note!!

On a side note - The photo of pasta dish in Luminae is nowhere near a ragu...don't you agree? Chunks of venison in brown gravy looks pretty unappetizing. In my experience a ragu would have meat that would be shredded from cooking in the sauce for many hours. How did it taste?

Thanks for all of the updates and photos!

Can you ask for a Murano cheese plate in Luminae one night and let me know if they bring it?

Paul, thanks for doing this "Live" report!

It was great to meet you on the Catamaran ride in St Kitts. I enjoyed our chat and the constant flow of drinks!

Norris

BUT it looks like someone got pistachio creme brulee for dessert so I am sure the meal ended on a high note!!

On a side note - The photo of pasta dish in Luminae is nowhere near a ragu...don't you agree? Chunks of venison in brown gravy looks pretty unappetizing. In my experience a ragu would have meat that would be shredded from cooking in the sauce for many hours. How did it taste?

Thanks for all of the updates and photos!

Can you ask for a Murano cheese plate in Luminae one night and let me know if they bring it?

I'd send that pasta dish back. Does the chef know anything about Italian cooking??

Paul, thanks for doing this "Live" report!

It was great to meet you on the Catamaran ride in St Kitts. I enjoyed our chat and the constant flow of drinks!

Norris

Hi Norris! It was great chatting with you too on the catamaran sailing adventure. Yes, the constant flow of drinks, panoramic views, and sea breezes were a real drag that day weren't they. I am looking forward to catching up on all of your cruise reviews when I have some time. Have a great last two days on the cruise if I don't run into you. Safe travels back to the midwest!

Thank you for all the details. The DH and I will be on her in less than 2 weeks. We are in an AQ1 and I am really jealous that you are getting the Suite Treatment! We can't wait to try the Persian Garden and thermal suites.

How have the pools been? Cold/Warm/Crowded?

Keep the pictures coming! Love cruising vicariously as it is 16º here today!

We made the mistake of going in the whirlpool first. Then the solarium pool felt too cold. The water was great at the beach at Little Bay. Enjoy your aqua room. Blu breakfast was prepared at lightning speed and was delish the one time we tried it this cruise.

Wow, Thanks so much for all the helpful information! My DW and I will be on the Eastern Sailing on 1/31 - our suite is an Aft on Deck 12 but not that cool corner! We're not big foodies (it's always a treat) so thanks for helping out with our expectations! Great Information - Enjoy the last couple of days and Happy Sailing!

Any one person in the bars that was exceptional - those are the one's I like to seek out!

Edited by baabtx

Paul,

Glad you have enjoyed the cruise. Just realized you are sailing with our friends David and Leigh. Tell them we are saving the 24" of snow we have on the ground for them when they get back.

Glad to have had a wonderful cruise! Very excited to have so many dining options onboard. We will definitely take your advice to not go in the whirlpool first before the pool.

I'm also following with great interest. We board in 1 month; our first Celebrity cruise. We're not in a suite, but have an Aqua Class cabin, and are very much looking forward to it. Thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks guys! We love Aqua Class and Blu. They staff in there are always having a good time. I enjoyed the Bluberry Pecan Pancakes and Crispy Bacon this morning while looking out the large windows. Enjoy your cruise!

Paul,

Glad you have enjoyed the cruise. Just realized you are sailing with our friends David and Leigh. Tell them we are saving the 24" of snow we have on the ground for them when they get back.

Glad to have had a wonderful cruise! Very excited to have so many dining options onboard. We will definitely take your advice to not go in the whirlpool first before the pool.

Will pass the word about all of the snow. The ship is as gorgeous as last year. Not sure about crowds at the outside pool. Solarium did not seem that crowded when I went. On a couple different days some of the cushions had been stripped of their covers for cleaning I presume. That was good to see. Doing this on my first apple product, so pardon any typos. Used up all of the remaining shipboard credit on an iPad mini 4. :)

Hope to share more info after we return. Thanks for following.:)