Platinum Gift

andynapril

Just came off the Triumph last week, it was my Platinum cruise. I was excited about getting my first platinum gift, I was looking forward to the travel bag. Unfortunately, I received the journal and pen set, I was disappointed to say the least. After I was forced to journal for three years while working on my Masters, I swore I would never journal again. The pen was nice though, I may use the journal as a coaster for my carnival coffee cup.

• 1 month later...

I think it's a really nice gesture that a gift is given to Platinum guests (last year I received the game board for my first cruise and the journal for the other). Having said this I think it would be nice if they asked what you would want at the beginning of the cruise or even allow you to make a choice as part of your check in. I hear about a lot of folks trading their gift for various reasons (I tried to trade my journal because I didn't have a need for it but wound up having to keep it because Guest Services claimed they had nothing else available). They're now asking for your preference at the start of the cruise as to whether you want your cabin serviced more than once a day. Not to mention you're not talking about having to accommodate the entire ship with what I've suggested.

Just my two cents. Your opinion may vary and I respect it if it does.

I think it's a really nice gesture that a gift is given to Platinum guests (last year I received the game board for my first cruise and the journal for the other). Having said this I think it would be nice if they asked what you would want at the beginning of the cruise or even allow you to make a choice as part of your check in. I hear about a lot of folks trading their gift for various reasons (I tried to trade my journal because I didn't have a need for it but wound up having to keep it because Guest Services claimed they had nothing else available). They're now asking for your preference at the start of the cruise as to whether you want your cabin serviced more than once a day. Not to mention you're not talking about having to accommodate the entire ship with what I've suggested.

Just my two cents. Your opinion may vary and I respect it if it does.

I like this idea! We did 4 cruises last year in a row (S2B2B2S) so we each got 4 game boards. Now those things were heavy and big...too difficult to take them all home and they wouldn't trade, so we gave them away to people onboard who we saw playing board games and such. I would have loved to have had other options.