Booked the 10 day Caribbean Islander, questions about 2 stops

enjoyingsilence

So, this will be our second time on Princess, and we booked the 10 day Caribbean Islander from NYC, it goes to Antigua, St, Maarten, and Bonaire.

We've been to St. Martin (french side) before and liked it, but never Antigua or Bonaire. We aren't fans of the ocean, i.e. snorkelering and honestly have no idea what there is to do in bonaire and antigua.

Can anyone provide any more information? So far they just seem boring lol

We spent a great day at the Beach in Antigua, and we are specifically going to Bonaire to snorkel...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Just not too sure about the snorkeling bit in Bonaire, though, it is famous for it. Was there anything else to do in Bonaire or Antigua?

I'm sure there is something - I believe Bonaire has large salt flats that are cool to see, but the main reason for traveling to those two islands tends to be for the beach and ocean. Are you against spending your day on a catamaran too? Antigua had the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen.

I'm sure there is something - I believe Bonaire has large salt flats that are cool to see, but the main reason for traveling to those two islands tends to be for the beach and ocean. Are you against spending your day on a catamaran too? Antigua had the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen.

I dont' mind the catamaran idea.. Really, I'm like pasty white and tend to avoid the sun for longer durations. They don't make SPF high enough, so we like to have a good mix of things to do at ports, like touristy things, maybe some shopping, but especially local restaurants.

I dont' mind the catamaran idea.. Really, I'm like pasty white and tend to avoid the sun for longer durations. They don't make SPF high enough, so we like to have a good mix of things to do at ports, like touristy things, maybe some shopping, but especially local restaurants.

We have a great thread going under Regal Princess Oct 27, 2016.....join the conversation there. We have tons of plans and info.

The island’s open air market has many delightful handmade souvenirs and was a great place to spend several hours.

From one of my prior postings- discussing the souvenirs of Bonaire- (2010).

"There's a husband and wife, Jan and Jannie, in the market who sell underwater photographs, matted and with an envelope from $5 and up. He photographs, she paints (with watercolors), fish and wildlife. I bought three $5 photos and 1 $7.50 of fish, turtles, and jellyfish (all of which we had seen snorkeling) and one of hers of a native bird for $15. They make for the BEST souvenirs, and our grandchildren loved the photo of "the blue fish with teeth."

I also bought soap made of aloe vera. It is wonderful! 2 bars for $7."

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28088858#post28088858

On our first cruise to Antigua we snorkeled and weren't impressed. On our second cruise we did Segway Antigua. We had never been on Segways before and had a blast! The instructors/guides (2 with our group of 6) were very patient and safety conscious and we didn't have to contend with traffic (just a couple of cars who gave us wide berth and a couple of groups on horseback). We rode along a beautiful and mostly deserted beach and up to an old fort. On our one stop in Bonaire we snorkeled (best snorkeling excursion ever with Woodwind) so I don't have any other recommendation.

Edited by capriccio

We had our best snorkel trip in Antigua, our only time there, just last year. So, won't go into that.

Our first and only time to Bonaire,we too a ship sponsored tour of the island. Had one of the best guides with us. She was American, was a former diver and came down to live and dive! She was great at telling us all about the island on our bus of maybe 25 people. We saw the whale bones and museum, the city, the seaside, and town. Lots of stops for photo opportunities as well. Think it lasted about three hours. This was back in 2011.