Independance Pier

HazeGray

I believe its a new Pier (#25?) and from all the reports I've been reading so far there appears to be any issues with embarkation and disembarkation. I'd love to hear from people on best times to arrive to board and time to leave the ship (I have a 12:00 flight home). Is there a huge advantage to doing the self carrying of luggage off ship at 6:30am? Thanks

Just got off Independence Saturday . Everything was great. We got checked in on Monday by 11:30 was pool side by 12:30 . Room was ready by 1:00. One passenger lost their life in Jamaica in a bus accident traveling to their excursion. Please pray for her family she left a husband and 4 small children behind.

Dock was fine

Don

Like what.... curious to know

You have to go to deck 3 and once the ship is cleared you have to go down 2 flights of stairs to deck 1 carrying your luggage. Hundreds of people descending down the stairs carrying luggage was something to behold.

What pier in Ft. Lauderdale is the Independence of the Seas docking these days?

Thanks in advance.

Most likely she'll use 18 unless it's the weekend when the Oasis and Allure are in port. Alternate is 25 I believe.

With a 12pm departing flight, what would be the latest time I should depart the ship? If we don't do self-disembarking, can we arrange to get a specific departure time? Thanks

I'd want to be outside the terminal by 9:30am. Speak to Guest Services about getting a luggage tag number for a specific time.

You have to go to deck 3 and once the ship is cleared you have to go down 2 flights of stairs to deck 1 carrying your luggage. Hundreds of people descending down the stairs carrying luggage was something to behold.

Regular debarkation was the same disaster you describe. It was a total mess. Going down stairs, often one step at a time and with suitcases, was an accident waiting to happen