Ship-wide Wifi LIVE on Jewel!

Happy to report that the ship-wide ("pervasive") wifi is live on Jewel! I had read conflicting reports about whether it was active ahead of her dry dock but according to a staff member it takes longer than the dry dock time to install the new wifi system so it was done ahead of time.

We had a coupon in our stateroom for 10% off an unlimited wifi package plus buy 1 package and get the 2nd half off. Unlimited is $20 per day and the second device is $10.

I found that I can use the 1 device package on my phone, log off, and use it on my laptop. They give you an access code to enter on their wifi splash screen.

I measured the speed at 0.3 Mbps up/down from my stateroom so I'm not sure if this is the same service being marketed as "Voom" on other RC ships or not.

I just turn off the wifi on my device and have no problem logging in with another. It's not like the old wifi where there was a status page with a timer and log off button.

Don't purchase the package beforehand as there is a 10% off coupon when you get to your cabin (we are C&A Gold if that makes a difference).

... I measured the speed at 0.3 Mbps up/down from my stateroom so I'm not sure if this is the same service being marketed as "Voom" on other RC ships or not.

No Voom on Jewel yet. Voom will be much faster.