Tampa

old man 1010

First time cruising out of the Tampa port. We are on a RCI cruise out 11/10/16. Looking for suggestion on transportation from local hotel to port? Transportation back to the airport? Also would like suggestion on a upscale hotel reasonably close to port? Actually looking for any advise on sailing out of the Tampa port. We are a group of 8.

We stayed at the Marriott Waterside and just loved it!!! It is maybe a mile from the port. We had our car so we parked at the port, but now I believe they offer a shuttle package to the ship. Nice restaurant plus a great sports bar right in the hotel. The trolley line runs right outside the hotel that can take you all over the city.

If that doesn't work there is a very nice Embassy Suites literally across the street from the Marriott. They have a free breakfast and a Manager's reception in the evening which includes free drinks and snacks.

Have a great cruise!!!

I took an Uber to get from the place I was staying to the port for $10.00 (20 minute drive). After my Brilliance cruise there were shuttles to the airport for $15.00 for 1 person, $20.00 for 2 people, $25.00 for 3 people. There were shuttle waiting right outside the terminal after exiting. It was pretty simple and cheaper than a taxi.

GTO has identified the two best place IMO ... they are close to the piers and close to good food options ... you could even take the trolley to YBOR and Columbia ... altho anytime in Tampa for dinner my first choice is Bern's . . .

on return, taxi is flat rate to the airport - $25 I believe (per CAR not per person) - the ride is short so why complicate things?

In addition to the suggestions above, check out the Rocky Point area with several nice.mid-range hotels (Chase Suites, Hampton Inn, etc.). Nice area with water views of the bay and several dining options close by. Most of the hotels offer cruise packages including both airport and port shuttles.

We just booked the Embassy Suites near the port for our April Cruise. It appears that the trolly runs right to the port. Does anyone know if that's true? (BJ)? Just flying in one night pre-cruise and heading back to airport upon disembarking, so no car.

We just booked the Embassy Suites near the port for our April Cruise. It appears that the trolly runs right to the port. Does anyone know if that's true? (BJ)? Just flying in one night pre-cruise and heading back to airport upon disembarking, so no car.

The trolley line is right across the street within steps of the front door.

trolley does run right by the port ... but between dragging bags from trolley to terminal and waiting for a trolley I'd opt for the SHORT taxi ride and door to door service

this map shows everything you need http://dit.discoverguidemap.com/public/streetcar/Streetcar-Downtown.pdf

Edited by Capt_BJ

trolley does run right by the port ... but between dragging bags from trolley to terminal and waiting for a trolley I'd opt for the SHORT taxi ride and door to door service

this map shows everything you need http://dit.discoverguidemap.com/public/streetcar/Streetcar-Downtown.pdf

Thanks! It's possible our hotel might even have a shuttle, but thought I'd ask. :) I'll spend money if it makes it easier!

First time cruising out of the Tampa port. We are on a RCI cruise out 11/10/16. Looking for suggestion on transportation from local hotel to port? Transportation back to the airport? Also would like suggestion on a upscale hotel reasonably close to port? Actually looking for any advise on sailing out of the Tampa port. We are a group of 8.

If you stay at embassy suites or Marriott waterside you can walk to the ship. We did but we also travel light. A cab from ship to airport is less than 30.00. Hope this helps. Bill.

Does anyone know of any other Hilton brand hotels offering park and cruise packages? We usually stay at Embassy Suites Convention Center area but right now the prices for March 2016 the package are almost $450!!! So we cant use honors points.

Thanks.

I believe there is a Hampton Inn in the Rocky Point area that offers cruise parking packages.

I believe there is a Hampton Inn in the Rocky Point area that offers cruise parking packages.

We've stayed at the embassy suites Tampa /west shore. Nice area and they had a reasonable shuttle to the pier. Also free shuttle from the airport. Hope this helps. Bill.

Does anyone know of any other Hilton brand hotels offering park and cruise packages? We usually stay at Embassy Suites Convention Center area but right now the prices for March 2016 the package are almost $450!!! So we cant use honors points.

Thanks.

Yes, we just booked the cruise package at the Hampton at Rocky Point.

• 3 months later...

We sail out of Tampa next April. We are thinking about getting a hotel the night before the cruise and leaving our car there for the week. I appreciate all of the ideas suggested here.

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed in March 2016 at the Hampton Ybor. Great location. Very clean and great staff. Parking was covered and they charged $8 per night for parking and shuttle to/from the port was complimentary. The shuttle is Hampton Inn's shuttle and only takes about 6 people at a time. You put your name on the list for the shuttle when you check in. They front desk staff will give you the shuttle drivers business card with his number on it and you call him in the morning to arrange your depart time. Same with ride back to the hotel.

We will definitely use them again. I imagine the park-n-cruise package would be comparable in price if not better.

And don't forget to go to The Columbia for dinner. Free Shuttle from hotel, walk, or take the trolley located across from the hotel!!

We stayed in March 2016 at the Hampton Ybor. Great location. Very clean and great staff. Parking was covered and they charged $8 per night for parking and shuttle to/from the port was complimentary. The shuttle is Hampton Inn's shuttle and only takes about 6 people at a time. You put your name on the list for the shuttle when you check in. They front desk staff will give you the shuttle drivers business card with his number on it and you call him in the morning to arrange your depart time. Same with ride back to the hotel.

We will definitely use them again. I imagine the park-n-cruise package would be comparable in price if not better.

And don't forget to go to The Columbia for dinner. Free Shuttle from hotel, walk, or take the trolley located across from the hotel!!

Thank you. We love Hampton Inns, so we will definitely look at this one.

PamJack; great, I will let you know how Ft Laud parking goes and you can let me know if Hampton worked for you. We like ALL the Hilton brands. Embassy will be September cruise. [emoji3]

Deal![emoji106]