Yacht Club Butler

bradleyk

So.... What is it like to have a butler? What do they do? Do they really unpack your suitcase? Will they bring you a glass of wine to your cabin?

When we were on Celebrity Cruise in the penthouse our Butler served us breakfast, and dinner in our suite we had a dining table that seat 8 he would serve us each course individual. He made sure all of our needs were met and predicted our needs we had coffee delivered to the butlers pantry every morning at 6am then breakfast at 7:30. Our first cruise on MSC will be in January of 2017, not sure what to expect but was informed by the agent at MSC they will do anything possible to make sure our needs are met.

Each YC cabin has both a butler and a steward. Sometimes it's the steward that cleans and makes up the cabin, other times the steward and the butler work in tandem. Butlers usually have other responsibilities such as accompanying guests down to the ship exits as well as serving in the Top Sail Lounge. That said, our experience is that the butler is always available (by calling the concierge) to do most anything for you including bringing drinks from the bar to your cabin. I agree about the unpacking option though. Who wants it!

When we were on Celebrity Cruise in the penthouse our Butler served us breakfast, and dinner in our suite we had a dining table that seat 8 he would serve us each course individual. He made sure all of our needs were met and predicted our needs we had coffee delivered to the butlers pantry every morning at 6am then breakfast at 7:30. Our first cruise on MSC will be in January of 2017, not sure what to expect but was informed by the agent at MSC they will do anything possible to make sure our needs are met.

I don't think MSC serves much food in the cabin, not even in the Yacht Club. I read that they will not bring dining room food to your cabin, unless there are health reasons, e.g. if you are too ill and you cannot go out.

But your experience could be different.

I would usually stop at the Top Sail Lounge & get a drink to take back to the room.

One night I asked for a cup of tea.

They said they would deliver it to the room. I felt absolutely capable of doing that myself & said so. They again said that it was no problem & it would be delivered to the room within 5 minutes.

I reluctantly agreed & went to my room.

Within 5 minutes, the butler arrived with a tray with a beautiful. large china tea pot & china cup & saucer.

For the rest of the cruise, I would stop by on my way to the room & ask for tea.

Really makes you feel special.

The butler will bring to your cabin a tray of the goodies from the Top Sail Lounge buffet, whether it be pastries, chocolates, sandwiches, fruit or sweet items. Other than these, there's free room service food ordered from the menu that is in the cabin.

Does anyone by chance have a copy of the room service menu for the Yacht Club?

Yes they will un pack your suit case but do you really want that???

LOL! Not at all. I just saw it in one of their videos I saw on you tube and wondered if it was something they actually did. My wife DEFINITELY does not want someone going through her underwear!

The butler will bring to your cabin a tray of the goodies from the Top Sail Lounge buffet, whether it be pastries, chocolates, sandwiches, fruit or sweet items. Other than these, there's free room service food ordered from the menu that is in the cabin.

You can also get their amazing pizza from the Pizza restaurant (La Cantina di Bacco ) delivered to your cabin after 9 pm :) SO GOOD! There are also a variety of beverages and snacks in your mini bar that are replenished twice/day and you can have it customized to your liking (provided they have what you would like). For example: There are 4-5 different beers in there (Coors, Bud light, stella, etc.) If you just want Stella, they will stock your frig with that and leave the others out. :)

Edited by FLAMOM24

Yes they will un pack your suit case but do you really want that???

Have to admit, I thought about doing this for our last couple of cruises. I really don't like unpacking (always have to pack and unpack for DH too :mad:), but I'm also a freak about having everything organized and unpacked as soon as we get into our room, whether a hotel, cabin, etc. so I can start relaxing asap. After our last cruise though, I seriously doubt I'll ever ask a butler do it as I found packing cubes make it so much easier to pack and unpack :). I organized outfits and underwear in multiple cubes with different colored cubes for DH, so when we got to our cabin I just hung up the clothes that needed it and then placed the other cubes into the drawers with the tops opened to easily access whatever we needed.

Have to admit, I thought about doing this for our last couple of cruises. I really don't like unpacking (always have to pack and unpack for DH too :mad:), but I'm also a freak about having everything organized and unpacked as soon as we get into our room, whether a hotel, cabin, etc. so I can start relaxing asap. After our last cruise though, I seriously doubt I'll ever ask a butler do it as I found packing cubes make it so much easier to pack and unpack :). I organized outfits and underwear in multiple cubes with different colored cubes for DH, so when we got to our cabin I just hung up the clothes that needed it and then placed the other cubes into the drawers with the tops opened to easily access whatever we needed.

Great idea, we have to get those cubes.

When we were on Celebrity Cruise in the penthouse our Butler served us breakfast, and dinner in our suite we had a dining table that seat 8 he would serve us each course individual.

I hope you realize that the Celebrity M Class Penthouse Suite balcony alone is 3-4 times the sizes of the so-called Royal Suites (both indoor and outdoor space included) on the MSC ships. The latter doesn't have a pantry, doesn't have a powder room (much less a full-sized 2nd bathroom), doesn't have a baby grand piano......

Even the S class Penthouse suites, with the smaller balcony than the counterparts in the M class, are still several times the sizes of the MSC Royal Suites.

I heard so much hype about the Yacht Club until I took a cursory glance at the dimensions and specs. For those of us accustomed to the spaciousness of the M class Penthouse suites on Celebrity and the Garden Villas on NCL ships (or even the smaller Wintergarden suites on Seabourn ships), it's staggering to imagine one can downsize this much and still be happy.

Edited by Kinofdc

We typically sail in suites on NCL and MSC. Frankly, we could do without the butler in both venues. On MSC, you can get food or drink most of the time simply by going to the Top Sail Lounge. I unpack my own clothes. We rarely dine in suite as we like to get out of the cabin and experience the ship. The butler is helpful at embarkation and disembarkation. They will walk you on and off the ship and avoid the crowds. We were on the MSC Splendida that experienced the terrorist attack in Tunisia. When we arrived in Barcelona, the pier was swarming with relatives, press, etc. Our butler helped find our ride to our hotel. That was probably the most we used our butler.

This is not a criticism of butlers. They will try to fulfill any request. I guess I am used to doing things on my own, and therefore under utilize my butler. I am working on this issue. I ask my wife periodically to bring me a snack tray in the middle of the afternoon. For some reason they never appear.

I hope you realize that the Celebrity M Class Penthouse Suite balcony alone is 3-4 times the sizes of the so-called Royal Suites (both indoor and outdoor space included) on the MSC ships. The latter doesn't have a pantry, doesn't have a powder room (much less a full-sized 2nd bathroom), doesn't have a baby grand piano......

Even the S class Penthouse suites, with the smaller balcony than the counterparts in the M class, are still several times the sizes of the MSC Royal Suites.

I heard so much hype about the Yacht Club until I took a cursory glance at the dimensions and specs. For those of us accustomed to the spaciousness of the M class Penthouse suites on Celebrity and the Garden Villas on NCL ships (or even the smaller Wintergarden suites on Seabourn ships), it's staggering to imagine one can downsize this much and still be happy.

We have heard so many good reviews of the Yacht Club we decided to try it, we realize that the suite is not as large as the penthouse but willing to give it a try. The penthouse doesn't include any drink packages, private dining, if you choose to leave the penthouse, private pool etc. We like the idea of these services offered by MSC. so we will give it a try and see.

We have heard so many good reviews of the Yacht Club we decided to try it, we realize that the suite is not as large as the penthouse but willing to give it a try. The penthouse doesn't include any drink packages, private dining, if you choose to leave the penthouse, private pool etc. We like the idea of these services offered by MSC. so we will give it a try and see.

We cruise on a budget. I allot around $2500 for each cruise for the 2 of us. So naturally anything in these special areas offered by cruise lines now a days is way over our budget. We usually just get a regular balcony.

This time we are forgoing the balcony for the a Yacht club interior. And we are looking forward to the experience of the yacht club.

The penthouse doesn't include any drink packages, private dining, if you choose to leave the penthouse, private pool etc. We like the idea of these services offered by MSC. so we will give it a try and see.

As of April 2015, all Penthouses and Royal Suites in Celebrity ships come with unlimited premium beverage and unlimited specialty restaurant packages. (They actually started offering us the aforesaid amenities in August 2014 during our stay in PH 6148 on the Millennium and thereafter). They have also introduced Luminae, a highly regarded private restaurant for suite guests. However, it's true that they still don't have a pool, a private gated entry and other lounge areas (besides the Michael's Club) reserved for suite guests.