are the Bella & Fantastica cabins on different decks?

billy10

are the cabins different or is it just the experience ? I tried to book a b1 cabin & was told they were sold out so I took the b2 which he told me was the fantastica experience & gave me a cabin on deck 9 on Divina cabin 9131 is there any difference in the b1 & b2 cabin? Thanks for any info never been on MSC

are the cabins different or is it just the experience ? I tried to book a b1 cabin & was told they were sold out so I took the b2 which he told me was the fantastica experience & gave me a cabin on deck 9 on Divina cabin 9131 is there any difference in the b1 & b2 cabin? Thanks for any info never been on MSC

The B2 cabins are I think slightly bigger and with the Fantastica Experience you get added perks (details of the two experiences can be found either in the brochures or on line). Have been on 8 MSC cruises (started sailing MSC back in 2001 when the ships then were smaller) On most recent cruises on Poesia, Lirica and Orchestra opted to pay a little more for the B2 Cabins with the Fantastica Experience. Looking at the Deck Plan it seems that 9131 is a nice mid-ship cabin - good place to be in my opinion.

Have not been on Divina but from reports it is a lovely ship. Have just booked MSC Fantasia for the cruise departing Dubai on 17th Dec 2016. This will be the third time I have sailed MSC from Dubai - I love the itinerary and there are still lots of places and things to see that I did not have time for previously. Am lucky in that son and family are based in Dubai with his job and I love going out there to visit.

MSC being an Italian cruise line will mean that the on board experience will be geared to the European way of cruising as opposed to the American owned ships. The food was always good, entertainment excellent and the staff very efficient, friendly and helpful.

Just go with an open mind - I am sure you will have a great time.

Good Luck with your plans.

Suron (in Bristol, UK)

Billy ... Bella B1 cabins tend to be on the lower decks whereas Fantastica B2 cabins are higher and in more desirable places.

9131 is as Suron says in a good place being around midship position, the cabin is 194 sq feet and balcony 42 sq feet.

The B2 cabins on Deck 12 and 13 on the rear hump are the same size as the B1 cabins on Deck 9,10 and 11 at 148 sq feet and 34 sq feet balcony, something to remember for any future bookings on Divina.

I'm looking at booking my first MSC cruise...so i have lots of questions...Just starting to look through these boards to see what I can find out.

relating to the "bella" level...MSC says the following on website pertaining to Bella:

• Request early or late dinner seating (subject to availability)
  • Preference of stateroom (subject to availability)
  • Add on a la carte amenities at a fee

My question, is what would be "a la carte amenities"?

I see that you have to pay for room service, but haven't yet seen what amenities would be?

Thanks for any insight!

I'm looking at booking my first MSC cruise...so i have lots of questions...Just starting to look through these boards to see what I can find out.

relating to the "bella" level...MSC says the following on website pertaining to Bella:

• Request early or late dinner seating (subject to availability)
  • Preference of stateroom (subject to availability)
  • Add on a la carte amenities at a fee

My question, is what would be "a la carte amenities"?

I see that you have to pay for room service, but haven't yet seen what amenities would be?

Thanks for any insight!

That is the first time I've seen or heard of that service offered to any "experience".

The info you've posted is mostly Greek to me :confused::confused::):)

Sorry about the poor joke.

It would be good if you could post a link to the page so we can have a look at it and see if it makes sense when viewed in relation to info on the other experiences.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

That is the first time I've seen or heard of that service offered to any "experience".

The info you've posted is mostly Greek to me

Sorry about the poor joke.

It would be good if you could post a link to the page so we can have a look at it and see if it makes sense when viewed in relation to info on the other experiences.

Pete

Sorry, I don't get the joke :), but I copied the MSC wording from the pricing page of a cruise.

I clicked on the left side of screen...there are 3 boxes labeled "Bella Experience"(blue box)..."Fantastica Experience"(green box)..."Aurea Experience"(orange box). I will try to copy/paste here and see if it comes out (I don't think the format is going to end up showing like the actual web page...but here goes:

Interior Stateroom Oceanview Stateroom Balcony Stateroom Suite

BellaB2C.gif $678.49*

Sold Out $778.49

Not Available FantasticaB2C.gif $728.49*

Sold Out $928.49

Not Available AureaB2C.gif Not Available Not Available Not Available Not Available

...or Discover MSC Yacht Club and enjoy the ultimate luxury cruise experience

Sorry, I don't get the joke :), but I copied the MSC wording from the pricing page of a cruise.

I clicked on the left side of screen...there are 3 boxes labeled "Bella Experience"(blue box)..."Fantastica Experience"(green box)..."Aurea Experience"(orange box). I will try to copy/paste here and see if it comes out (I don't think the format is going to end up showing like the actual web page...but here goes:

Interior Stateroom Oceanview Stateroom Balcony Stateroom Suite

BellaB2C.gif $678.49*

Sold Out $778.49

Not Available FantasticaB2C.gif $728.49*

Sold Out $928.49

Not Available AureaB2C.gif Not Available Not Available Not Available Not Available

...or Discover MSC Yacht Club and enjoy the ultimate luxury cruise experience

Sorry; the joke was based on a saying here in the UK, that if you don't understand something you're likely to say "It's all Greek to me".. Some of your text was in the Greek alphabet. so in fact it was mostly Greek to me.

Put it down to the strange British sense of humour..

Back to your question, It looks to me as though the reference to "a la carte" means the speciality restaurants which is the same for all experiences, That is everybody pays to use them.

I guess your screen looks something like this example

seaside%20jan%2018.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52