Cancelled and Rebooked Cruise

Wastegirl

Someone here might know. To get a better deal I cancelled and rebooked a cruise. On my original booking I had already purchased $200 OBC - will this be automatically refunded to my credit card or will it be transferred to the new booking?

I'd ring Celebrity and ask but here in Australia you are on hold for a loooong time :D

Thanks

I did the same, and it was refunded within a week - in NZ, so presuming Aussie is the same. Having said that, my booking (and cancellation) was through a TA, not sure if it's the same if the booking is directly through Celebrity.

In the future, it's worth talking to your TA/booking agent before canceling and rebooking... as long as you're before final payment they can often capture price drops and promos without having to go through the hassle of a full rebook.

In the future, it's worth talking to your TA/booking agent before canceling and rebooking... as long as you're before final payment they can often capture price drops and promos without having to go through the hassle of a full rebook.

Not in NZ :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had no trouble getting through to the Celebrity call centre without a long wait. For Australians the call centre is in Guatamala City and the responses and processes have improved considerably since it began a couple of years ago. Of course I would rather talk to some one in Sydney, but that's business I suppose. I was able to cancel one cruise and transfer the deposit to another cruise without any problems. I was also able to book the same cabin on the new cruise which wasn't available on the website, so you have more choices by calling. I don't see any problem in cancelling and rebooking within a cruise. The call centre is now pretty good.

Thanks everyone for your answers, I'll give Celebrity a ring and see if they can transfer over my pre pre-purchased OBC as I purchased it at a better exchange rate than is now currently offered so wouldn't mind keeping it.

It is worth a call, however, do not worry if they credit it back as you will likely get it back at the current rate anyway (less and conversion fees).:D

It is worth a call, however, do not worry if they credit it back as you will likely get it back at the current rate anyway (less and conversion fees).:D

Hmmm, they refunded me the exact amount I spent, not the current rate. Would've been good the other way!

Ah the heady days of cruising and the exchange rate in the other direction :D I remember my first cruise, the exchange rate was something like $1.17 US to $1 AUD. I regret now that I did not buy a heap of US dollars at that point and squirrel them away for future holidays where I needed US$.

Ah the heady days of cruising and the exchange rate in the other direction :D I remember my first cruise, the exchange rate was something like $1.17 US to $1 AUD. I regret now that I did not buy a heap of US dollars at that point and squirrel them away for future holidays where I needed US$.

Wowzers! And here was me regretting not stockpiling at 85c USD TO $1NZD a couple of years ago! Ahhhh, if only we knew the. What we know now [emoji4]