Radiance of the Seas 1 May 2016

Hi all,

Excuse me if this has been discussed, I completed a search but couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know what the Radiance is up to from 1 May 2016 to 15 May 2016? It appears as though it arrives in Vancouver from Hawaii on the 1st, it's next cruise is not until the 15th. Private charter? Dry dock?

Just curious, thanks folks!

Thanks for the reply. Have just booked a 14 night New Zealand cruise on her for January 2017 and was hoping they might be sprucing her up before then.

Any idea what kind of work they'll do in the dry dock? She was "revitalised" in 2011 so it's been about 5 years. I haven't read anything about it anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Have just booked a 14 night New Zealand cruise on her for January 2017 and was hoping they might be sprucing her up before then.

Any idea what kind of work they'll do in the dry dock? She was "revitalised" in 2011 so it's been about 5 years. I haven't read anything about it anywhere.

Normal dry dock includes cleaning and painting hull replacing carpets and worn furniture and in some cases upgrading bedding in the staterooms. I would say in this case Radiance will get a rather good update but not many real changes.

Normal dry dock includes cleaning and painting hull replacing carpets and worn furniture and in some cases upgrading bedding in the staterooms. I would say in this case Radiance will get a rather good update but not many real changes.

I would imagine it would be some minor updates too.

I'm guessing/hoping Champagne Bar will be updated to R Bar, installation of voom internet and not sure what else.

We're sailing her on May 15th, right as she comes out of dry dock. If anyone is sailing her sooner and gets the chance to ask around, I'd love to hear more myself.

I have a feeling you might be giving us all of the information when you get back from your trip lol

I have a feeling you might be giving us all of the information when you get back from your trip lol

Quite possibly. We were on her last fall on her last sail up to Alaska for the season, and it looks like we get her back for the first sail of this season. It will be interesting to see what's changed. I've got my fingers crossed for Voom.

I'll keep you all updated.

We got off 24 nights on the Radiance on Tuesday and our favourite ship is very tired. We had an OS and the lounge was about as comfortable as a brick wall but I know they will be replaced. The bed was still okay but we had to have the mixer changed in the shower.

We were told that the Crab Shack is going but no-one seemed to know what it would be replaced with. Hopefully, it will be replaced with Johnny Rockets. Something is happening up in the kid's zone but I can't remember what as it didn't interest me:eek:

The Next Cruise desk is moving from Deck 12 to where the Internet desks are and I can't remember what is going in Deck 12 in its stead. I believe there won't be a lot of (costly) changes just a general refurb.

Cheers

Di

We got off 24 nights on the Radiance on Tuesday and our favourite ship is very tired. We had an OS and the lounge was about as comfortable as a brick wall but I know they will be replaced. The bed was still okay but we had to have the mixer changed in the shower.

We were told that the Crab Shack is going but no-one seemed to know what it would be replaced with. Hopefully, it will be replaced with Johnny Rockets. Something is happening up in the kid's zone but I can't remember what as it didn't interest me:eek:

The Next Cruise desk is moving from Deck 12 to where the Internet desks are and I can't remember what is going in Deck 12 in its stead. I believe there won't be a lot of (costly) changes just a general refurb.

Cheers

Di

Hi Di,

Thanks for the update. I'll be in an OS also. Did they make specific mention that the furniture in there would be replaced? I certainly hope so, if it's only as comfortable as a brick wall hehe. I was in a GS in 2014 and the lounge was quite comfy.

Cheers

Adrian

Edited by tazza_0712

Hi Di,

Thanks for the update. I'll be in an OS also. Did they make specific mention that the furniture in there would be replaced? I certainly hope so, if it's only as comfortable as a brick wall hehe. I was in a GS in 2014 and the lounge was quite comfy.

Cheers

Adrian

Yes, they will be replaced. We were in 1066 and have 1064 for our next cruise on Radiance. The Grand Suite lounges seemed fine.

Cheers

Di

Yes, they will be replaced. We were in 1066 and have 1064 for our next cruise on Radiance. The Grand Suite lounges seemed fine.

Cheers

Di

Oh great to hear.

Do you have any pictures of the OS you could share? Very hard to find anything online. No problems if you don't. :-)

Adrian

Oh great to hear.

Do you have any pictures of the OS you could share? Very hard to find anything online. No problems if you don't. :-)

Adrian

I didn't actually take any photos of 1066 but I do have a few of 1064 which is the same, just mirrored. I can't find any of the bedroom area but it has a Royal King Bed, a Chez Lounge under a floor to ceiling window and a dressing table area with coffee (pod) maker and kettle.

I only have photos of the Voyager OS bathroom which is pretty much the same and can post that if you would like. Otherwise, it has a toilet, bidet, shower stall, spa bath and twin sink vanity with plenty of storage.

Hope these help:

Taken from the bedroom area into the lounge:

2nhnjvo.jpg

66iw7c.jpg

zmh14x.jpg

and I loved this guy:

191q9l.jpg

Cheers

Di

I didn't actually take any photos of 1066 but I do have a few of 1064 which is the same, just mirrored. I can't find any of the bedroom area but it has a Royal King Bed, a Chez Lounge under a floor to ceiling window and a dressing table area with coffee (pod) maker and kettle.

I only have photos of the Voyager OS bathroom which is pretty much the same and can post that if you would like. Otherwise, it has a toilet, bidet, shower stall, spa bath and twin sink vanity with plenty of storage.

Hope these help:

Taken from the bedroom area into the lounge:

2nhnjvo.jpg

66iw7c.jpg

zmh14x.jpg

and I loved this guy:

191q9l.jpg

Cheers

Di

Thank you for that! Appreciate the pictures. It does look like the couches need an upgrade. It all looks very spacious. Was happy with the GS but I think the OS will be just that bit better. Thanks again.

Adrian

Cheers

Di

Switching out Rita's is probably a good idea. We used it occasionally as seating during breakfast, but every other time we walked by or thru it was empty. I'd love to see a Johnny Rockets!

I'll take a peek in the kids club when we're on board to what they did. My kids won't be with us on this trip, but they'll want to know what's going on with their favorite play space. :)

We are on the Hawaii to Vancouver cruise that ends on May 1st. I'll probably do a live report and I will try to find out what all is changing, if anything.

I look forward to your report. I always enjoy following along on your live cruise journals.

We got off 24 nights on the Radiance on Tuesday ..........

Hoping that you will come back and revisit this thread as I have a question. We'll be embarking Radiance on 25 Feb for 16 nights. We're also spending a couple of weeks with family in Sydney before that.

We are in a quandary as to what to do regarding formal wear. We like to dress up and always take a tux/evening gown. We're used to the fact that shorter cruises (and cruises in the Caribbean) tend to be less formal but this is the first time we've cruised on Royal Caribbean in Australia - and it is a longer cruise - and we don't know what to expect on formal nights

Whilst we're happy to take them we don't want to be one of the few people in formal gear, having brought the stuff with us just for 3 nights out of 5 weeks away.

Any input would be really welcome. Thanks

Edited by Bobal

Hoping that you will come back and revisit this thread as I have a question. We'll be embarking Radiance on 25 Feb for 16 nights. We're also spending a couple of weeks with family in Sydney before that.

We are in a quandary as to what to do regarding formal wear. We like to dress up and always take a tux/evening gown. We're used to the fact that shorter cruises (and cruises in the Caribbean) tend to be less formal but this is the first time we've cruised on Royal Caribbean in Australia - and it is a longer cruise - and we don't know what to expect on formal nights

Whilst we're happy to take them we don't want to be one of the few people in formal gear, having brought the stuff with us just for 3 nights out of 5 weeks away.

Any input would be really welcome. Thanks

I did an 18 night transpacific cruise on Radiance from Hawaii to Sydney in 2014. We had two or three formal nights and got dressed for all of them. The vast majority of those on the cruise did also.

I would suggest you bring your formal wear if you are so inclined. Being a 16 night cruise, outside of our school holidays, and I'm assuming a partial circumnavigation of Australia, there will likely be an older crowd onboard. I think it safe to say that you won't be the only ones dressed for formal nights.

Hey Tazza are you doing the 6th of January 14 Night New Zealand Cruise?

• 1 month later...
We are on the Hawaii to Vancouver cruise that ends on May 1st. I'll probably do a live report and I will try to find out what all is changing, if anything.

Excellent we are looking forward to that information as we are going on the May 20th cruise.