PVP says flavored teas now $$$

LMaxwell

According to PVP only 2 flavors of tea will be offered in Lido. No more flavored teas at Lido available. Flavored teas only offered in dining rooms and restaurants and for a charge, not sure how much. Tea Time will be a $$$ event; not sure how much they will charge. Basic tea will be available in MDR at no charge still.

This is just FYI. No need to play kill the messenger.

I saw similar on another group. Not really surprised.

FYI. Effective immediately, The Lido Restaurant will continue to offer the following hot tea to guests at no charge:

• Lipton Hot Tea

• Lipton Decaf Hot Tea

• Bigelow Green Tea

All other hot teas (specialty blends from the Art of Tea),will be a $1.95 charge in the dining rooms, steak house, coffee shops, and other specialty restaurants.

Oh I will NOT be happy if they charge for tea time!

Me neither. Princess now charges for it on their big ships and Royal Caribbean has eliminated it. I always thought it was a nice touch on Carnival and enjoyed it.

If Tea Time is going to be a charged for event, I would expect that you could select any flavor. At least that would make sense to me.

Even Princess doesn't charge for their regular afternoon tea times, only the deluxe tea time served in the Piazza which includes an upgraded menu of food items.

Edited by sanmarcosman

Even Princess doesn't charge for their regular afternoon tea times, only the deluxe tea time served in the Piazza which includes an upgraded menu of food items.

I've actually heard some conflicting reports from Royal/Regal that they do charge for the "regular" tea time now too and not just the Tea Tower in the Piazza.

Wow, that is just wrong. Guess I'll pack my own Twinings English Breakfast.

I've been to the tea time on 2 ships and it is not worth the price I paid (nothing). Those pastries were awful and what they call a scone is a joke.

I really enjoyed it on the Glory. I have gone twice each cruise for a total of 12 times and thought the scones with cream were delicious.

Make my own bed, pick up my own towels...probably won't be long before I have to vacuum my cabin too! LOL

On my last cruise, my steward told me that he and his team of two others have twice the number of cabins to service each day. I guess that is why they are only coming around once a day now.

So far I have had ice in my cabin but I wonder if that will stop and I will have to schlep my bucket up to Lido to get ice.

Come on Carnival....really? I love this cruise line but really?

I can understand removing multiple flavors on the Lido deck. I am sure some people just rob the box blind. That's the problem with an honor system. Some people just have no honor.

But I don't think they should charge for it in the dining rooms and restaurants; just serve it upon request.

I can understand removing multiple flavors on the Lido deck. I am sure some people just rob the box blind. That's the problem with an honor system. Some people just have no honor.

But I don't think they should charge for it in the dining rooms and restaurants; just serve it upon request.

I agree with this.