M-Class Balcony Question

BBsails

I've searched Cruise Critic for input and Google images for photos, but can't find a photo of the balconies near the aft of deck 7. I booked a 2017 cruise on the Millennium, and we have a choice of a sweet 16 or 7171, 7173 7175 or 7177 on deck 7. I've stayed in a sweet 16 before, so I'm familiar with those balconies; how do the balconies in 7171 thru 7177 compare? I doubt they're triple size like the sweet 16, but how do they compare to a regular balcony? I'd book 7049 in heartbeat, but someone beat us to it (want to be on the port side). Thanks!

Betsy

I've searched Cruise Critic for input and Google images for photos, but can't find a photo of the balconies near the aft of deck 7. I booked a 2017 cruise on the Millennium, and we have a choice of a sweet 16 or 7171, 7173 7175 or 7177 on deck 7. I've stayed in a sweet 16 before, so I'm familiar with those balconies; how do the balconies in 7171 thru 7177 compare? I doubt they're triple size like the sweet 16, but how do they compare to a regular balcony? I'd book 7049 in heartbeat, but someone beat us to it (want to be on the port side). Thanks!

Betsy

Betsy, We have stayed in 7171 on three cruises, two on Infinity and one on Constellation. That is a great cabin, with larger, angled balcony. Don't know about 7177. I would say 7171 has a balcony that is about 60% larger than the balcony in 7169.

The cabins themselves are all the same size.

The balconies of the sweet sixteens are larger (deeper) than the balconies of 7171 - 7177.

The balconies of the sweet sixteens extend all the way out to the edge of the ship. They have full unobstructed views forward and aft, as well as straight down to the water below you.

The cabins of the 7171 - 7177 group are recessed inward.

Their balconies do not extend out to the edge of the ship as the balconies on deck 6 extend further out below you.

You still have nice views looking outward, but not if you want to look straight down.

There are canopies extending outward right below the balconies of some of those cabins to cover the balconies below them.

It is just personal preference.

Some people like them and some don't.

Advantages of sweet 16s: deeper balconies with unobstructed views.

Advantages of 7171-7177: location - higher up, close to aft elevators.

Here is a photo that someone posted previously looking down from above showing the canopies below those balconies.

7175 is the lower middle one, with 7173 just to the left of it.

7171 has the smallest balcony of that group because it angles inward.

DSC07024a.jpg

Edited by fleckle

I've stayed in both 7173 and Sweet 16 6029 and much prefer 6029 for the view straight down to the water and the short hike to the shows, gym and the Aquaspa Cafe. Movement, noise or smoke (all mentioned on these boards) have never been an issue for us. 7173 has a great balcony but the view to the water was partially obstructed over the canopied suites below. The biggest issue for me is that it is much too visible from the OV Cafe through those giant window bubbles in the floor that are directly above (the picture above posted by fleckle was probably taken from the bubble). If you like a relative amount of privacy (both 7173 and 6029 are visible from balconies above) do not get the aft 2As! if you want the absolute most privacy get one of the first 3 Sweet 16s, of course you won't get much sun there either but they may be perfect for Alaskan itineraries as they are quite sheltered. IMHO, the only better cabin than the Sweet 16s (other than suites and some Aqua) are C1s and the family veranda. Hopefully the link below will work and you can see the location of the OV caffe in relation to these cabins and keeping in mind that there are also huge viewing bubbles in the floor. I looked up one night at 2am and there was a cleaner directly above me doing the floors, lol.

https://www.holidaycheck.de/m/die-neuen-aqua-class-kabinen-auf-deck-11/76ad7bf8-2984-3a6d-9e0f-7d67ae4ed487

Edited by Quitwhin'n