Fuel/Gratuities/Christmas

Hoveto

According to him that's the case. Bartenders and cocktail waiters are not in the general gratuity pool because not all passenger use their services. Same with those in the spa - they're also not in the general gratuity pool because not everyone uses their service.

Not everyone uses the MDR services so that's not really logical either.

David.

Not everyone uses the MDR services so that's not really logical either.

David.

:confused: I find that statement astonishing. How does one get fed if they never use the dining room? Who is working the Lido? Who brings Room Service to you? Do some take meals exclusively in the alternative restaurants?

(Guess it eliminates any worry about drawing first or second sitting. And it give those who won't tip another rationale.)

Given a choice of sit down service for ladies and gentlemen versus self service in a cafeteria line I'll take the former any day but that's just me.

:confused: I find that statement astonishing. How does one get fed if they never use the dining room? Who is working the Lido? Who brings Room Service to you? Do some take meals exclusively in the alternative restaurants?

(Guess it eliminates any worry about drawing first or second sitting. And it give those who won't tip another rationale.)

Given a choice of sit down service for ladies and gentlemen versus self service in a cafeteria line I'll take the former any day but that's just me.

I haven't eaten in the MDR in my last four cruises - use a combination of buffet and speciality. As long as I'm not bothering anyone else, it's my choice and my vacation, but I do remove the auto gratuity and tip direct in the places that I frequent.

You have your choices, I, with good reason, have mine.

I haven't eaten in the MDR in my last four cruises - use a combination of buffet and speciality. As long as I'm not bothering anyone else, it's my choice and my vacation, but I do remove the auto gratuity and tip direct in the places that I frequent.

You have your choices, I, with good reason, have mine.

Exactly, on every Cunard cruise I have taken there is a small number of passengers who never go near the MDR for reasons of their own. It's easy to see that because you can recognise them most nights in the buffet and note the missing places at tables.

There is a certain attraction for never using the dining room, if only to avoid the patchy food quality.

Good on yer I say.

David.