Nieuw Amsterdam cabin 10043 (interior but really exterior)

Cruiser 4 Life 66

This post is mainly for people Googling the cabin looking for info about it.

The cabin is listed as a category IQ Interior Spa cabin.

It's a unique cabin, because even though it's listed as an interior, you have a window. Looking straight ahead you can't see anything.

But looking up you can see the sky, and the best part is you get both port AND starboard OCEANVIEWS.

Not even a regular balcony cabin person could say that.

I liked this "seeing out both sides of the ship" thing because when it got close to sunset I could look out

and see which side of the ship the sun was setting on and its progress.

When it got close to setting I went right out and was on deck to take pics and video of the sunsets.

No waiting for elevators or running up and down stairs to get outside to the Panorama deck.

Because it's a "spa cabin" you also get some extras like a yoga mat, wood slat thing in the shower, and other things,

but the best part is you get for free 2 tall glass bottles of mineral water, and three Vitamin Waters.

I liked the cabin location. It is next to an exterior door, but that didn't bug me.

I wear ear plugs at night anyway because I have trouble falling asleep if I hear noise.

People may also jog during the day by your window.

Also keep your curtains closed, especially at night when people can see right in.

It was the perfect location for me. Next to the pool and Lido, and if you exit your cabin you are overlooking the pool and ocean.

Also if you take the closest elevators, the forward elevators, it takes you right down to the showroom on 1,2, and 3.

There is a similar cabin 10044, down the port hallway.

Pics below of 10043 and its views.

Cabin 10043

IMG_2832ss_zpsjh0lqhja.jpg~original

Window in an interior cabin? Whaaaaaaaaaa?

IMG_2833ss_zpsxtqg20wu.jpg~original

Sky view:

IMG_2850ss_zpswjjlpzsw.jpg~original

View looking left out the window:

IMG_2975ss_zpspzwqgiba.jpg~original

View looking right out the window:

IMG_2978ss_zpstcgmwlsp.jpg~original

10043 window on the right, 10044 window on the left:

IMG_2939ss_zps5swjexpx.jpg~original

• Like 1

If you go outside, you may find it is a one-way mirrored window. I don't believe anyone can see in. Enjoy!

Correct, they can't see in during the day but at night it becomes kind of opposite. Mirror for you on the inside, but clear as day for people to see in who are on the outside. But I kept the curtains closed during the day too cause it's kind of alarming to be naked in your cabin changing and see people walk by right outside your window and look in....even if they can only see themselves.

Correct, they can't see in during the day but at night it becomes kind of opposite. Mirror for you on the inside, but clear as day for people to see in who are on the outside. But I kept the curtains closed during the day too cause it's kind of alarming to be naked in your cabin changing and see people walk by right outside your window and look in....even if they can only see themselves.

Thanks for the memories. I had this cabin my 1st time on the NA in 2010.

It was an upgrade for free. I loved having the window to get a glimpse of the weather. I do remember getting the bottles of vitamin water and a pass for the Spa for 1 day.