Confused about Dining on Anthem

Amy5000

I'm sailing on the Anthem of the Seas this coming April 8th. I signed up for traditional early dining. I saw somewhere that you rotate through the 4 "complimentary" restaurants. But do they not rotate you through Devinly Decadence? If not can we make a reservation and eat there one night? (We are a party of 6 - not sure if it's more difficult to get a reservation with that number.).

Does anyone want to try and convince me to switch to the other type of dining?

Thanks in advance. Amy

Devine Decadence is not part of the rotation. You will need to book that separately. If you want to spend some time booking all of your dinners, the you should change. I like traditional dining, so I loved the way Anthem is doing it.

Will

The former Devinly Decadence space is now the Solarium Bistro. There is no charge to eat there. There are a few items on the menu that have an upcharge, but there is no need to order those.

You can deviate from your assigned rotation any time you wish to dine instead at the Solarium Bistro, Chops, Jaime's, Michael's Pub, Prime Table, Chef's Table, Izumi or Wonderland. Or even at the Windjammer. :)

When you get to your cabin, there will be a paper telling you the first four nights' dining assignments. You will then repeat in that order.

Edited by Merion_Mom

Thanks all for the info. I saw some great reviews of Devinly Decafence. So I was looking forward to giving it try. I don't think RCIs system is up to date be it still lists DD as an option.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks all for the info. I saw some great reviews of Devinly Decafence. So I was looking forward to giving it try. I don't think RCIs system is up to date be it still lists DD as an option.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

RC's system is always out of date. When you can even access it. :rolleyes:

Yes, DD is still an option for my March cruise. No surprise, RCI IT department strikes again :)

So which of the restaurants also offer lunch?

Jamie's

Windjammer

Solarium Bistro

Michael's Pub

Cafe Two70

American Icon

Coastal Kitchen (if you are in a full suite or Pinnacle)

Johnny Rockets

Dog House

Sorrento's

Cafe Promenade

Izumi (I think)

Chops has a Champagne Brunch once or twice a cruise; don't know if they'll do it on a 3-nighter

Edited by Merion_Mom

During the last few cruises my son and I have gone to the Windjammer while my husband has gone to the dining room (MTD). He would just show up and ask to be seated with other diners.

I have two questions:

On the Anthem, can you walk up to the complimentary restaurants or do you always need a reservation?

Is it possible for him to be seated with other people or is it more like a land based restaurant where you're seated with your party?

Thanks-

Kathy

Kathy - someone with more anthem experience will need to weigh in, but I remember reading somewhere on here that they will seat you with other people if you like and that you can just "show up."

As for lunch - now that I've done more reading, I think my next question is - which of the restaurants are usually open for lunch on embarkation day? With only 3 days, planning needs to be strategic :)

January 3rd cruiser here. Fresh off the Anthem here.

I prefer classic dining over dynamic dining. I heard so many complaint on dynamic then tradition. Classic is assigned table with a rotation of 4 complimentary restaurant Chic, Grande, Icon, and Silk. Waiter on your assigned table go with you. Grande is the only restaurant to dress up for while other smart casual.

Devanely had changed to Solarium Bistro. I was about to eat there one night but back out because it a la carte style(land restaurant way). You need reservation but do it after you did your 4 complimentary restaurant. The reasons i am saying this, if you don't like one of the complementary, you can book it on that day you don't want to go. Just let your waiter know if you are doing the classic, so they know the table will be empty for dynamic dining. One night, our table mates was eating somewhere else and my dad and I sat at their table while the dynamic dining sat on our.

Lunch for sit down service will be in American Icon and sometime silk(overflow). Yes, at this time you can sit with someone else. Usually, the hostess ask this question as she see a couple with a single person or couple behind them. Just ask the hostess, hopefully it Alison and they will accommodate your husband. Never be afraid to ask question or ewquest and they will do their best.

Unless something has drastically changed, dining room is not open for lunch on embarkation day. Never has been on Royal.

We skipped the Windjammer this time and went to Café 270. Gave us a chance to see the area of the ship and lunch was less hectic. They do paninis as well as fresh salads and the beef on weck, which I love in Buffalo but could live without on the ship (just don't care for their roast beef).

"As for lunch - now that I've done more reading, I think my next question is - which of the restaurants are usually open for lunch on embarkation day? With only 3 days, planning needs to be strategic "

On our Christmas cruise Devinly Decadence (SB), Café Two70, Michael's, Izumi, Jamie's, Vintages, and Windjammer were open for lunch on the first day. Also, CK for suite guests. They opened at different times according to the planner (10:30-noon). We went to Two70 which sure beat Windjammer. It was ok.

We are also doing the 3-night. If Solarium Bistro/Devinly Decadence is open this time, think we will do that. Just hope they have the chicken enchiladas~~really good.

"As for lunch - now that I've done more reading, I think my next question is - which of the restaurants are usually open for lunch on embarkation day? With only 3 days, planning needs to be strategic "

On our Christmas cruise Devinly Decadence (SB), Café Two70, Michael's, Izumi, Jamie's, Vintages, and Windjammer were open for lunch on the first day. Also, CK for suite guests. They opened at different times according to the planner (10:30-noon). We went to Two70 which sure beat Windjammer. It was ok.

We are also doing the 3-night. If Solarium Bistro/Devinly Decadence is open this time, think we will do that. Just hope they have the chicken enchiladas~~really good.

Lunch on embankment day is available windjammer, TWo70 and Solarium Bistro

Here is a day one Compass that another poster listed in their review, which shows what places are open on day 1 for lunch, dinner, etc. It does show Michael's Pub open for lunch for an additional charge

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=48492069&postcount=15

full review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48492069#post48492069

Edited by jonj