Live from the Crown - Jan 22, 2016 - 3-day Baja Getaway from San Pedro

CanadianBurger

Well, missed winning trivia by one point. We had 18, winners had 19. We would have won had my wife been with us :-)

Spending a relaxing afternoon sitting in the sun on the aft pool deck between Riveria and Lido. It's my favourite place to sit on deck as it's quiet, sunny, and not windy. You can tell the Californians (wearing coats) from the Canadians (shorts and short sleeves)! Thinking it's time for pizza...

938848369bd1a7ff4d27ac695bf4ccaa.jpg

We're a fair bit past Ensenada, and still headed south.

ea4b6df8564bc9c0429e781a9c3c0d5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks Colo Cruiser! My wife's been on CC since it began, and she finally convinced me to get my own account before our last cruise.

DH is always asking me as we plan our March cruise, How do you know these things??? Where else, but here? CCers rule! AND they know EVERYTHING we need to know! Hope you are having fun on your solo cruise!

Just got off the Jan 18 - 22 week on the Crown. Very strange being served at the buffet. After 180 cases of Noro the previous week, we still experienced 7 cases during the week we were on board. We escaped the ill effects.

Seriously, from previous posts, have to wonder if crew might somehow be involved, though there were plenty of impatient "entitleds" on board who were unwilling to sanitize. Also, more than one person reached in and grabbed items in the buffet without waiting for the staff to serve them.

My "favorite" were the multiple people that popped their life vest whistle in their mouth and blew away at muster... ??

Was a little let down that after a "deep clean" our stateroom had a bottle of lotion left in a drawer, a pair of earrings left in the closet nd two quarters stuck to a dusty shelf in the bathroom. Needless to say, we were glad we brought a can of Lysol and some wipes and did our own wipe down before we got underway.

Though it was chilly it was an enjoyable get away. Santa Barbara, Ensenada and return. Tuesday at sea was quite rough with some light rain, but Wed and Thur were gorgeous in port.

Entertainment was enjoyable, but nothing to write home about. Loved comedian except he was so high strung he was hard to follow at times.

The "Blame it On The Boogie" performance was a flash back and toe tapper, but the players were probably all not even born during that time period and it showed in their performance as they just didn't quite get into the feel of the genre. ;))

Really enjoyed the magician. Too bad they hadhim in the lounge where many people weren't able to get a seat to watch.

All in all it was a good cruise and we'll consider again. Shortest we've ever done, but long enough to enjoy the cruise feel.

Enjoy the next couple of days!

Edited by Nedgrimley

Doing my usual ship walkabout to work off the pizza. I love the outside deck forward of Lido above the bridge on the Grand Class. Great views ahead. Too bad the Royal and Regal don't have any public spaces at the front of the ship. Also love walking all the way around on Promenade and around the bow on Emerald.

0d9a3e2b99df5a2c5a162eedf415fb74.jpg

511de237b474cebfa88e8e2d6c61d592.jpg

e1792efcb3c91e6c59645cfb67bbd959.jpg

The ice carving demonstration was in full swing on Lido.

11cf93a7e9fbc91e62c6df565fdf502f.jpg

fa954332405ae574ba1a416b5c3a169c.jpg

Off to Afternoon Tea!

Afternoon tea had a massive queue to enter the Da Vinci dining room, which took about 20 minutes to be seated. Service was slow, which was to be expected for the most part due to everyone having to be served milk and sugar individually, but it was worse than it should have been, and the wait staff seemed to be in a state of confusion.

After tea came trivia in Explorers, and AGAIN we came within one point of winning...

No pics for this post, but I'll have more later.

Steve.

24639, as far as I can tell from a quick look at the guide, here's what's playing on the stateroom TV:

Avengers: Age of Ultron

Aloha

The Longest Ride

The Spongebob Movie

Despicable Me 2

Home

I, too, am enjoying the Patters as we board in a couple of weeks.

If I've learned anything from this cruise, it has reinforced that we prefer traditional dining to anytime dining. That is, provided you get great table-mates, but we've always been lucky. Having to go through the whole introduction process every night must get tiring.

Unrelated to the above, it was an interesting dinner. One of the ladies at the table was a little tipsy. Make that a lot tipsy. Okay, she was hammered. After the fourth time asking where I was from, her friend finally intervened with "He's said Toronto three times already! Stop asking!" She also passed out in her seat several times, much to the embarrassment of her friend. Here is tonight's menu:

a8833679e278ca561d8bddd56e68cb45.jpg

061148206d12beb3b6b7a578db51cd56.jpg

The chilled Granny Smith and yogurt soup. Sorry, I started it before remembering to take the pic.

6127fb750672e37868ae24b6708d757b.jpg

My Parmesan bowl looked a little more like a bowl tonight.

7d0237e81fc8b66d7ec07bad3c38c4e5.jpg

The Tri-tip wasn't bad, but it was a little lacking in tenderness.

fd0cc465a4fcb0ebc1c15a072032fdc7.jpg

The Surf'n'Turf from a table-mate.

78826cfc0af97b0830d9480d00cfddc0.jpg

We enjoyed Magic to Do on the Crown in October & hopefully so will you.

I see in the Patter that the AFC & NFC playoff games will be shown on MUTS & in Club Fusion. With a Pink concert on MUTS at 5:00 guess they're only showing the 1st half of the NFC game on MUTS which has a 3:40 kickoff. :p

Thanks again for taking us along on your cruise. :)