Cuban Cigars

Granny Has A Harley

• 2 weeks later...

By many estimates, over 80% of "cubans" are counterfeits and the number is even higher in ports and other tourist areas. There's almost no way to tell the difference, especially if you are buying single cigars from an already opened box. Even unopened boxes with the holograms and other security measures are often counterfeited.

Over time, the difference between (real) cuban cigars and finer brands made elsewhere has become less and less. For most people, it's more of a mental difference than a physical one. If you THINK you're smoking a cuban, then you'll probably be happy! :)

Going to Belize?We got some Cuban cigars at the Smokey Mermaid shops near the Radisson Hotel around the corner from the Belize Tourism Village where we disembarked.

ANy idea if they were legit?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
don't buy in belize. they have no authorized shops. do not buy from any shop unless an experienced cuban cigar smoker has voched for it. in cozumel, the ONLY PLACE to buy is Guantanamera's, near Ernesto's Tortilla Factory.

can you tell me where that is located? & why only there? Thanks

My DH would like to buy and smoke a Cuban Cigar does anyone know where the best place for him to buy one?

My suggestion is to wait for another port. You can buy Cubans in St. Maarten.

If I am paying Cuban prices, I always make sure the packaging has a Cuban tax stamp. That is the only real way that I know of that you are getting the real deal.

Archived