Double Check your OBC before getting on board

Cowz, what reason did they give you for not honoring the $400 with you screen shot? Was it because the entire screen isn't captured?

No, all they kept referring to was that you can't take Crown and Anchor credit and OBC at the same time. I calmly asked them who in their right mind would give up $400 for $25 and nobody I ever spoke with at Royal Caribbean answered that question. The first lady I spoke with "Rose" said I couldn't speak with her supervisor. Was pretty ugly about it to so I called back and got a different representative. That gentleman actually agreed with me about the screen shot but said he couldn't do anything. I explained to him if the two "credits" aren't allowed why are they in my final check out screen when I made booking? Again, proof didn't matter with RCL.

My wife and I started cruising late in life due to my Military career. In 5 years we went from 0 days to cruising 47 days with RCL. They won't go broke by losing me but I know all it would have took was a little reasoning to keep me as a customer.

That was smart of you to take a screen shot of the original offer regarding OBC. I've learned my lesson and will do that next time if there is a next time on RCCL.

I'm still waiting to hear back from RCCL customer service or the Executive for Guest Relations who emailed me last week. I'll give them a few more days to contact me before I contact them again. I figure they are busy with the customers whose travel plans were altered due to the recent snow storm.

I have a name and number, after a problem we had about the same thing. Maybe she can help.

Aurora (Laly) Yera Rodriquez

Director of Guest Relations

954-628-9313 ext 19313

Unsure if it is still a good number, this was 8 months ago.

Hope you can things resolved.

I have a name and number, after a problem we had about the same thing. Maybe she can help.

Aurora (Laly) Yera Rodriquez

Director of Guest Relations

954-628-9313 ext 19313

Unsure if it is still a good number, this was 8 months ago.

Hope you can things resolved.

Thanks so much for the info. Back in January I sent an email to Michael Bailey, the RCCL CEO, and a person in his office who was nice but firm contacted me. We had to agree to disagree. She gave me a partial refund but not what I think they should refunded me.

Edited by SoccerMom#3

I've heard so many stories about how booking directly with RC leads to problems, such as missing OBC, not getting BOGOHO discount, and the like.

I would suggest in the future, that you use a travel agent. Our agent does a lot of business with RC. She believes that she gets problems resolved quickly, because RC knows that she could easily steer people to another cruise line.

Anytime we learn of a price drop, we call or e-mail our TA, and she gets the price drop placed on our reservation.

If some sort of special goes into effect, like OBC, she will either get the OBC, or she will cancel and rebook the cabin.

Some really good advice on this thread.

I have had a few problems with my shareholders OBC credited even though I have an email confirm. I always take an email printout as proof and check my on board account once on board.

I've heard so many stories about how booking directly with RC leads to problems, such as missing OBC, not getting BOGOHO discount, and the like.

I would suggest in the future, that you use a travel agent. Our agent does a lot of business with RC. She believes that she gets problems resolved quickly, because RC knows that she could easily steer people to another cruise line.

Anytime we learn of a price drop, we call or e-mail our TA, and she gets the price drop placed on our reservation.

If some sort of special goes into effect, like OBC, she will either get the OBC, or she will cancel and rebook the cabin.

Have learned my lesson. I'll be using a travel agent from now on.

We were on Allure of the Seas last week (great cruise but I'll put that on a another thread). We booked directly with RCCL in December and were told we would have a $300 OBC. When it didn't show up on the email with our booking confirmation I called the RCCL person I booked the cruise with and she assured me the $300 OBC would show up once I got on the cruise.

At the end our cruise, I asked on board about the $300 OBC and was told we didn't have OBC and I would have to contact RCCL when we got off the ship. I was told by RCCL earlier this week that no we didn't have OBC because we had a $75 Crown and Anchor credit. I said why would I take a $75 credit and turn down a $300 OBC. He said we were given misinformation but there is nothing he can do. I said we spent the $300 OBC given what we had been told prior to boarding.

I asked to talk to a supervisor and after saying that wasn't possible, he finally said he would give my concern to a supervisor who would call me in a day or so. That was 3 days ago. I called again and was told she is busy and has a lot of work.

I haven't posted on Cruise Critic till now since i hoped the situation would be resolved but that hasn't happened but I wanted to give others a heads up. I haven't even heard from customer service.

Today I emailed Michael Bayley, the RCCL CEO since that was the only email I could find although I did ask for the customer service email. His assistant emailed me back saying she was investigating and would get back to me.

So lesson learned...get everything in writing, double and triple check before getting on board, and don't assume anything. I guess i was too trusting when I was told by RCCL the OBC would show up on board but at this point I'm not giving up although I think that is what RCCL would like me to do.

We did have a great cruise and the staff and ship are amazing. Will I sail again on RCCL and will I recommend RCCL? I don't know.

One reason I use a TA. They know what I am suppose to be getting and confirm that in my booking email with them. Then if there is a problem, I look to them to fix or make me whole.

I had a problem once on Celebrity Infinity and was told it would post onboard, but never did. I was lucky enough that they emailed corporate headquarters and HQ did verify the OBC 2 days later. Was on a 14 day cruise and 2 days later was day 8 of cruise.

I have $300 OBC for my upcoming cruise.

I hope I do not have any problems when the time comes:(

I have everything printed but it would seem that this may not make a difference:eek:.

I guess I will just have to hope that everything works out as it should.