Paradise or Sanchos

bamagirl14

I posted earlier and didn't get much of a reply. I hope this thread is easier. Please help me decide today ... Paradise Beach or Sanchos? Forget AI and price. Base this on amenities, cleanliness, atmosphere, food and service. My age groups are 5 years old - 70. Some like sun, some can't be in the sun too long. Thanks.

Late Friday is not a good time to get lots of response.

PB is larger, less crowded and IMHO has better facilities. Food, drinks & service are about even as are water toys. I suspect those at the "senior" end of your group will prefer PB over Mr. S.

Good luck! :)

And would go back again.

Well priced; have never done AI.

You can do sun or shade.

Good food, service, amenities. (but don't get the calamari--yuk)

Lively.

Teens loved inflatables in water, adults loved lounging & people watching.

Edited by KKB

I am so torn between these two right now! We have been to Sanchos twice, and Nachi Cocum once. We absolutely LOVED Mr. Sanchos, but for me, price is part of the equation...I have it to spend, but I'm very much a value-conscious person. And we blow a LOT of money on vacations!! So....for DH and I and our three kids (12, 11, and 5), Mr. Sanchos will be $205. Considering the three of them barely eat...and pretty much drink bottled water...I'm just wondering if DH and I will really spend that much on food/alcohol to justify $200! I mean, we do love our frozen drinks...but that's quite a few!! Paradise Beach looks great, and I've seen nothing but great reviews, so I'm thinking it might be the best way to go. Worst case scenario, we end up having too much fun and spend the same amount of $$$!!! (sorry...I know you aren't figuring in the AI aspect, OP...but it's a biggie for me)

It will be a busy day in Cozumel the day we're there...5 ships in port. Trying to choose!!!!!

Edited by Domergirl

Domergirl, I am in the same situation - trying to choose between Mr. S and PB for our group (4 families, with teens).

We will be there on Monday, March 14 - also five ships in Port that day. I'm trying to take that into account - apparently MS gets more crowded than PB?

I would like to know which is better also. We have never been on a cruise so trying to figure it out lol. If anyone knows or if you decide which one can u let me know. I know Mr sanchos has the pay as u go option which is what I was looking at. His also has the better reviews so I am not sure which to go with. I have 10 yr old twins and all I want is the clear water and soft sand:)

Edited by soonergirl15

The pay-go side of Mr. S is very small with only a small pool -- unless I was doing AI I would choose PB for it's better facilities and HUGE pool.

The price savings of PB compared to the AI side of Mr. S are substantial - unless you are going to eat/drink enough to get your $50 worth (water toys are extra $$ at both) I would focus on PB.

I think we have decided on PB as well, but I'm worried that you can't make a reservation ahead of time and there will be 4 mega ships in port that day. How early do you need to get there to be assured admission, or does it ever really full up?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I posted earlier and didn't get much of a reply. I hope this thread is easier. Please help me decide today ... Paradise Beach or Sanchos? Forget AI and price. Base this on amenities, cleanliness, atmosphere, food and service. My age groups are 5 years old - 70. Some like sun, some can't be in the sun too long. Thanks.

We went to Paradise Beach and it was just ok. (We are a family, if that matters.) The kids did have a good time on the inflatables, but we weren't "wowed". The servers came when you motioned to them but otherwise stood aside. The food was edible but not that great. Listen, we are not drinkers, for the most part. I can't tolerate much alcohol. I had 2 drinks and could not taste a drop of alcohol in them. It was still an enjoyable (expensive) day. Next time we will go to Mr. Sanchos or do a Jeep tour.

We went Sancho will go again next year when in Cozumel. Swimming, food, drink, sun, shade, and a little bit of shopping. A big grass hut with lots of shade and swings inside which was different. If you like beach it's good for all ages.

A family place matters to me also. We are in Oklahoma so no beaches, never been to a beach other than in Galveston, Tx so I want a real beach experience. Not to concerned about the food or drinks. My 10yr olds just want a pool and those inflatables. I just don't want to have to stay at a beach if we decide to leave early to explore. Would like to be able to do both if that's even possible. I was thinking a jeep tour would be good also if we could do both. Any ideas?

Thank you I was hoping we could still enjoy the beach in December.

As a transplant from OKLA I'm always happy to help a fellow Sooner! :cool:

You will be able to enjoy the beach in Dec. Unless he is a strong swimmer your 10-year old may be too young for the inflatables on his own. Do not try to do both beach clubs; they are to close to each other to make any difference in water quality, sand quality, food/drink & service, etc.

You might hire a taxi for 2-3 hours to drive around the island, see the far side, etc. and then ask him to drop you at one of the beach clubs for a couple of hours of pay-as-you-go beach fun. When you are ready grad another cab back to your ship (hint - there are 3 cruise ship piers on Coz; be sure you know which one your ship is at. :o).

Good luck! :)

Thank you!! Yes I am all about the sooners!!

I have been wondering about the inflatables and if my kiddos will be able to do it or not. That is why I want to have a backup plan or be able to do something else with the beach day. I have been looking at the jeep yours or had thought about just the cab thing. I was also looking at the other beaches that people have recommended. We mostly want the clear water and soft sand. From what I have read about Paradise the water isn't as clear as I was hoping. I am also wanting to make sure we get back to the ship in time. lol Thank you for the port info. I had read that somewhere else. Unless it changes it is the Puerta Maya one.

I also want to see Senor frogs and margaritaville if its even near there. Any other tips let me know. This is our first cruise so I have no idea what I am doing.

What ship and what date? :confused: There are three cruise ship piers on Coz, so where you dock will determine what is close by -- it's not hard to find a tourist focused bar in Coz. :o

Be sure to keep track of your port name for the return cab trip - it sucks to get off at the wrong pier and then need another cab in a hurry to avoid missing the ship. :eek:

Sand and water are almost identical at the popular beach clubs - they are lined up next to each other on the same side of the island. If one is having an issue with seaweed, they all will be having the same issue.

The inflatables at PB and other beaches are in 5-6 feet of water for safety - lots of climbing and jumping involved. If your 10-year old is small or a novice swimmer you will likely be out there helping instead of on the beach with one more margarita. :(

Relax - Coz is easy and you'll have a great time. :)