question for pensioncruiser

Hi Pension cruiser,in a recent post you spoke of doing a tour on change over day to Harrisons Cave and Bathsheba.Did you do a private tour or a Thomson tour.What else did you do and where else did you go and I hope you don't mind me asking.......what was the cost?

I've booked a private tour and I've also asked to go to Bathsheba and Harrisons Cave but my husband also wants to see some of the west coast,so wondering if all this is feasible....along with lunch.

We had a week in Barbados last February but mostly chilled at the hotel.Did go into Bridgetown and went down in the submarine but that was really all.Trying to make up for it this time.

MARGARET

Hi Margaret we did the Harrisons cave back in 2010 with Thomson and it was only a half day trip we did this with Thomson because you go round the cave in a train so we didn't have to wait for it to fill up think it was £35. Bathsheba we did on our own that was 2009 so just cant remember how much, we also did a round island trip with Thomson which took in Plantation house but I think they now do that on the farewell trip we have also been to the orchid gardens which we liked and Sudbury house which if I remember rightly is a nation trust we had our NT card with;) I would imagine you will be able to do a couple of trips as you will not have to be back at the ship till late the only problem will be the rum punches all day:p We are just planning to go to the beach, harbour lights as recommended by Geo, so we can stop all day as they serve, we are informed a good lunch.:)

I believe you go in 2 weeks have you had your tickets as they are still telling me that they no longer issue them:confused:but this may be because we go as you return.

On another matter Thomson have sent us a health warning about this Zika Virus:eek: and offering some people the opportunity to cancel or transfer just wondering if you have received it. Mrs PC (Maureen) is a little concerned as if anything is about it usually finds her but apart from that have a great holiday and we will leave 4A&C tidy for you. Roger

Hi again.Thanks for the information,I've booked a tour with Sanjay,got his name from Tripadvisor reviews.I only hope he can fit in what we want to do.

We haven't received any tickets but I don't think we did last year either,and any holidays we've been on I only take the boarding passes and passports.We've had a few emails from Thomson.......usually after they've changed our booking number once again.I don't know how many booking numbers we've had,or,people we've ( husband )spoken to or how many call centres we've had to deal with.Even last week we had an email thanking us for our payment which we paid a couple of months ago (which also incurred a change of booking number.)All staff have been very helpful but why can't they get things right at the start.We leave two weeks tomorrow so will check in for our flights tomorrow.All of our details are correct on line,seats,cabins etc.Clothes are out on the back room bed and suitcases will be down from the loft in the next day or two.Looking forward to the rum punches and a few frozen strawberry daiquries in the evenings.

We got the email about the Zika Virus but I remember last year there was another mosquito virus supposedly prevelant in Barbados (chicken something ) but the taxi driver taking us back to the airport had heard nothing about it. I got bitten on the foot the Friday night before we left.We had gone to Oistins and there were little pools of water where the fish market had been and I stepped into one.Didn't have any ill effects except for the itching of the bites.Lesson learned,stay away from little pools of stagnant water.

Might have other questions before we go.In the meantime,thanks for all your information.

MARGARET