Wishing I Was On DAM Ship Right Now

1ANGELCAT

Where are you in NJ? We live near Princeton but since we're not there, not sure how much they have.

I haven't seen Princeton on the news. We're in Union County, and there's a heavy band of snow that's been over us all day. It's a line almost along I-78, but slightly counter-clockwise in orientation, if that makes sense. (more northerly toward the east, more southerly toward the west)

I'd estimate we've got about 20 inches. It's hard to tell with the drifting. Princeton probably has a little less. The local NJ news reported Madison (Morris County) had 22 inches at 5 PM.

Ocean county had terrible tidal flooding this morning, and are bracing for it at high tide this evening (just about now, 7:45). Once house in Ocean City had water up to the upper cross-piece of their picket fence this morning!

I haven't seen Princeton on the news. We're in Union County, and there's a heavy band of snow that's been over us all day. It's a line almost along I-78, but slightly counter-clockwise in orientation, if that makes sense. (more northerly toward the east, more southerly toward the west)

I'd estimate we've got about 20 inches. It's hard to tell with the drifting. Princeton probably has a little less. The local NJ news reported Madison (Morris County) had 22 inches at 5 PM.

Ocean county had terrible tidal flooding this morning, and are bracing for it at high tide this evening (just about now, 7:45). Once house in Ocean City had water up to the upper cross-piece of their picket fence this morning!

We live in Middlesex county and my neighbor said its more than half way up her glass door. Over 2 Ft.

The snow today was too heavy.

Edited to add: you couldn't get to the ship. NYC, Long Island, and lower Hudson Valley had a no-drive order. Bridges and tunnels between NY and NJ are closed, too.

Shot my mental image all to hell. ;)

30.2" total, largest storm in history in Harrisburg.

My kingdom for a snowplow.

Not sure what the final total was here in Reading,not quite as bad as the blizzard of 96. Then we had 3 feet.

My kingdom for a snowblower and 80 degrees[emoji3]

Not sure what the final total was here in Reading,not quite as bad as the blizzard of 96. Then we had 3 feet.

My kingdom for a snowblower and 80 degrees[emoji3]

I have the snow blower. My kingdom for a good-looking young man to use it, while I watch from a window sipping hot chocolate.

I came home at Xmas to 10" of snow on that day. [emoji300]️And noro virus, so I was too sick to shovel. Cruel shock but not compared to the relentless onslaught of snow after that. [emoji300]️[emoji300]️[emoji300]️However, it is Canada[emoji1063] and it must snow or we won't drink water in the summer. Even still, I'd be glad to let it snow while I sailed... Anywhere. And I can drink other things [emoji484][emoji477]️[emoji898][emoji485][emoji483][emoji4]I do feel sorry for those who don't get weather like this though and find it suddenly in their lap! It must be quite the shock. Like a tornado would be here. So my thoughts are with you and I hope it melts quickly!!!