Rules concerning Liquor purchased on board

Jana60

On the Carnival website FAQ Sample Bar Menu it reads that most Domestic Beer is $5.95 each. From what I've read, the bucket gets you a $2 discount, so around $22 for the bucket plus tips of course ;).

Thank you LovetheTXsun!! :D

I just read on The Fun Shops FAQ page that you can order two bottles of liquor per day through room service?! Is this correct?! It would be great knowing that if we wanted we could order another bottle mid-week if we wanted!! :D :D

Link: About half way down the page, last bullet under the "Note * - Liquor/Wine/Champagne/Beer"

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1354/kw/Portside%20liquor/related/1

Thank you LovetheTXsun!! :D

I just read on The Fun Shops FAQ page that you can order two bottles of liquor per day through room service?! Is this correct?! It would be great knowing that if we wanted we could order another bottle mid-week if we wanted!! :D :D

Link: About half way down the page, last bullet under the "Note * - Liquor/Wine/Champagne/Beer"

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1354/kw/Portside%20liquor/related/1

Looks like it! Seems to contradict the first bullet-point of:

"All products sold containing alcohol have a limit of two products per booking. This includes alcohol, wine, champagne and beer. A ‘pack’ or ‘package’ is considered one product."

But maybe that's just exclusively referencing Bon Voyage. So looks like we can hit up Room Service 😄👏🏻🍹!

Another example of confusion on the policy, this time on one page!

Note under the "Note: Liquor" heading, it seems to clarify that "in-room consumption" means you can't take the bottle out of the room, while later in the policies in the "alcohol purchases" section it says you consume in public places.

While I would ASSUME no one is going to get on you for putting it in a go-cup and walking around, for every time you whip out your version of the rules that say you CAN do it, they can point to a section where it says you CAN'T.

It says bottles, not drinks

LOL! Well I wasn't actually planning to carry the liter size bottle of booze around the boat with me. But now when I carry around a small amount of the alcohol in my Carnival cup to spike my juice with I won't be breaking any rules

Someone's been spiking their juice a little too much. And taken a creative writing class to boot. You can't violate the terms of posting copyrighted material when you've made it up yourself.

It says bottles, not drinks

It does in one section. In the other, it says:

Alcohol Orders

Alcohol orders are not permitted to be taken to any location outside of the approved delivery locations specified for those products at checkout. This program is designed for in-cabin entertaining or in-dining consumption only. Consumption in public areas is strictly prohibited.

This one says nothing about bottles.

That's what makes it a conflict...