weather related cancellations

TheCalicoCat

Looks like the Pride left on Sunday the 17th, and doesn't come back to Baltimore until the 28th? Must have been a Journey's trip, so it won't be affected. However there is a RCCL tomorrow out of Baltimore, could imagine a lot of no shows/cancelations on that one.

I thought all the Cruise to Nowhere were discontinued?

It's been a while, but we caught one very last minute before out of Baltimore. The 7 night cruise had to be cancelled due to weather, so they did a 2 night one later in the week to make up some of the lost revenue.

They are not regular & do not apply this time because the last sailing left on the 17th...

I'm keeping my open for the RCCL that has been delayed til Monday - I kind of doubt that enough snow will be removed by then. This is Baltimore, not Buffalo & we have 2 feet already.

Looks like the Pride left on Sunday the 17th, and doesn't come back to Baltimore until the 28th? Must have been a Journey's trip, so it won't be affected. However there is a RCCL tomorrow out of Baltimore, could imagine a lot of no shows/cancelations on that one.

They've already postponed that one until Monday - I think there is still a chance of it being cancelled.

What was the reason behind getting rid of the cruises to nowhere?

Like almost every other government policy it comes down to politics and money. If I recall it's due to the ships not being registered in the U.S, therefor cutting the U.S. out of those fees and also other regulation problems with crew, taxes and (fill in the blank) reason.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Actually the Pride returns to Baltimore on Feb 7 so no worries there. The 28th they are in San Juan starting a 10 day back to Baltimore. The RCCL ship has been delayed until Monday. Just think of the people who parked at the pier and will return to find their cars under 30+ inches of snow. Yikes.....

Edited by Lee & Melissa

Actually the Pride returns to Baltimore on Feb 7 so no worries there. The 28th they are in San Juan starting a 10 day back to Baltimore. The RCCL ship has been delayed until Monday. Just think of the people who parked at the pier and will return to find their cars under 30+ inches of snow. Yikes.....

The port staff are quite efficient at getting the parking area cleared and helping people dig out. We got tired of shoveling snow during Snomageddon and booked the cruise out of Baltimore the next day. When we arrived at the port, they were still clearing the lot, but they weren't that delayed in getting people off the ships and to their cars. We now pack shovels and rock salt when we sail out of the northeast in the winter. My sailing wedding guests thought we were nuts when we loaded it in the cars with their luggage a few years ago.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

The Pride will be in San Juan on the 28th. Won't return to Baltimore until February 7. I know we leave Wednesday to fly down to San Juan to get on the ship and bring her back.