Premium vs select drinks packages - thoughts

I believe the beer choice is comparable on both packages. The wine choices are fairly limited on the premium package (but adequate), but I would suggest extremely limited within the "Select" budget. Maybe 1 or 2 of each colour.

We have only done Premium but enjoy the bottled water, spirits and cocktails.

My wife & I are booked on the Allure in April. We're looking at doing the Premium drink package.

What are the actual prices of alcoholic drinks on board? $58/day seems steep, but if some of the numbers I've heard are correct, I'd be better off getting the package.

Of course, I plan to drink my money's worth!:D

My wife & I are booked on the Allure in April. We're looking at doing the Premium drink package.

What are the actual prices of alcoholic drinks on board? $58/day seems steep, but if some of the numbers I've heard are correct, I'd be better off getting the package.

Of course, I plan to drink my money's worth!:D

Most cocktails are in the $12 range. Beer in in the $5 to $7 range.

Most cocktails are in the $12 range. Beer in in the $5 to $7 range.

Thanks for the quick reply. Since I plan to do wine with dinner and several drinks while soaking in the whirlpool with the wife, it's a no-brainer.

I assume the package includes whatever I have while ashore at Labadee?

Thanks for the quick reply. Since I plan to do wine with dinner and several drinks while soaking in the whirlpool with the wife, it's a no-brainer.

I assume the package includes whatever I have while ashore at Labadee?

Correct, drinks on Labadee are included, up to the package limits.

Also, some drinks on Labadee carried by the roving bar servers are already in souvenir glasses, which are not included in the packages, so you may have to go to a bar to get a drink.

I don't get any drink packages anymore....read the fine print. Drinks up to $10 and wine up to $12 a glass. Then the ship prices all their cocktails $10.95-$12.00, not including gratuity. You'll have to find a bar where they don't charge you the difference. On Enchantment, only the R Bar did not charge the extra .95; the Schooner Bar, Pool Bar, and bar in the VCL did charge.

I don't get any drink packages anymore....read the fine print. Drinks up to $10 and wine up to $12 a glass. Then the ship prices all their cocktails $10.95-$12.00, not including gratuity. You'll have to find a bar where they don't charge you the difference. On Enchantment, only the R Bar did not charge the extra .95; the Schooner Bar, Pool Bar, and bar in the VCL did charge.

The premium and ultimate packages have included cocktails up to $14 for some time now. Where/when have you encountered that problem?

EDIT: Sorry, The cocktail max is $12 I believe. But it does include tips, so $12 + 18% = $14.16 and you would not be charged extra.

dp

Edited by dpostman

I thought the cocktail limit was raised from $10 to $12 a while back. My wife had the package on Vision last week, and was never charged any extra for a drink, and she tried many different drinks.

We really liked premium on Navigator in both 2013 and 2014, we paid extra only twice once for 21 year old scotch another time for a very high end wine . they even had a 18 year old scotch included. We liked wine by glass in general, some of the specialty restaurants had some nice choices

Not sure of names but my wife had the liquer package without coffees and water,On Jewel last week there where no Pinot Grigio without extra charge which is rediculous.Most bar tenders didn't charge but some did.Those that did charge Touched the tip pile.(no extra tip for them they gave that 2$ to RCI)Wasn't our fault they didn't have supply of cheaper Pinot.

We bought the premium package for our upcoming cruise on LOS. But I am unclear about whether it included fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast and cappuccinos. How about plain bottled water?

The cheaper replenish had juice, coffees and water, so I hoped premium would add to it.

We bought the premium package for our upcoming cruise on LOS. But I am unclear about whether it included fresh squeezed OJ at breakfast and cappuccinos. How about plain bottled water?

The cheaper replenish had juice, coffees and water, so I hoped premium would add to it.

Premium had bottle water, but no special coffee or OJ, Ultimate is same as premium buts adds those

Thanks George. The up charge from premium to ultimate was more then my daily juice and coffee.

It's about $10 or $12 difference between the premium and ultimate. Juice runs $3.50 or $3.95 and coffee between $4 and $6 so it doesn't take much to make up the difference.

It's about $10 or $12 difference between the premium and ultimate. Juice runs $3.50 or $3.95 and coffee between $4 and $6 so it doesn't take much to make up the difference.

what does "premium coffee" mean? Trying to decide on all these packages. Also does anyone know how much a decent bottle of wine run?

what does "premium coffee" mean? Trying to decide on all these packages. Also does anyone know how much a decent bottle of wine run?

Premium coffees are drinks like cappuccino, latte, espresso, etc.